Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S Need help before taking it to the stealership

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by HelicopterMD, Oct 3, 2012.

1. HelicopterMD

HelicopterMD New Member

May 2, 2011
    Federal Goverment
    Winston Salem NC
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so i take my 2008 MCS to the Dealership to get the sunroof worked on (it sticks when trying to open) well for the 5th time they fixed it, while the Mini was there they replaced the Timing chain, and did the recalls for the auxiliary water pump for the turbo, ever since the Mini has been using coolant i filled it back up and it was ok, this morning on my way to work the mini reached temperatures of 276+ i coasted and it went down then when i got on the gas the temp would rise again, i called the dealership and they said it had nothing to do with all the work they did to the mini. anyone have any input i would appreciate it.

Tank you

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I'd venture to say that something is not tight from the aux water pump fix. Possible it was not bled properly too.

I hate that when you call someone that just worked on something cause something is going wrong afterwards the first thing they do is deny culpability.

3. HelicopterMD

HelicopterMD New Member

May 2, 2011
    Federal Goverment
    Winston Salem NC
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes as soon as i called the dealership i was told " It is imposible it was us who messed it up" they charged me 300.00 deductible for a new valve cover they said it had a crack on the diaphram (what ever the hell that means) the other work that was all recal, and for the 5th time my sunroof sticks and doesnt want to open they have fixed it 5 times. my MCS has been to the dealer more than what i have owned it and it only has 71k miles

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Wow that just sucks, good luck at stealership.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    You are not at all far from Sneed's Speed Shop, a Motoring Alliance Sponsor, that knows their way around a MINI real well.

Might be worth a trip over to chat with Chris and his well trained staff to see if they can help out.

Besides...whats not to like about a shop that tests their parts with a 12 Gauge!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdzfy2fDdWs]SneedSpeed BMW M3 Splitter vs 12ga. Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

6. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    +1 for Sneed's. Lots of experience with MINIs, good people.

7. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    276 deg F.... *****! Are you positive! That's like 50 degrees above the highest fan setpoint!

Something is jacked up. I hope your engine is OK after that :cryin:

8. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    You want help from them but then you malign them in the title of your thread?

Good luck with you repairs, hope they turn out OK.

9. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Alright guys, let's get back to political dealer correctness!:lol::devil::crazy::Thumbsup:

Jason