Pre Migration New Gallery is Online and Waiting for your Images

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Nathan, May 28, 2009.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The product Motoring Alliance was using for a gallery turned out to be problematic. The concept was good, the execution of the software is poor. It has been abandoned. All images in that gallery linked to posts are still fine.

A new Gallery product has been installed and tested. The product is the most popular gallery software for this type of forum so most of you will already know how to use it. I've added a few features allowing for uploads of multiple images at one time, a link with Image tags already wrapped making it easy to add to posts and quite large quota for each member.

Images are added to a personal album created when you upload the first one.

In the event you are adding an image for a Library article, please contact me or one of the Library Moderators and we will create a space for you that does not impact your quota.

If you have images in an Personal Album accessed through the Control Panel those are still in place. I ask that you reserve that space for images you do not want to share with the entire class and upload all those you want to share to the new Gallery.

You will find a link to someones Gallery up near their name in the header of every post as long as they have images in that Gallery.

Thanks...

Nathan