New here, waiting impatiently for December

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by Chance, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Chance

Chance New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Science Teacher
    AR
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone. My name is Chance and I'm a biology teacher and Euro car enthusiast at a small school in Arkansas. You may have heard of us recently in regards to the H1N1 threat. Atkins was hit really hard and one of our students was hospitalized. Apparently two different 60 Minutes episodes focused on him.

This town was also plowed by a tornado two years ago, though it spared the school. And last week one of my students' fathers was killed on the railroad tracks that cut through the town. So welcome to the wonderful town of Atkins :eek6:

Anyway, I'm currently awaiting delivery of a 2010 MCSm, in PW/PW, to replace my 2007 VW GTi. This won't be my first MINI or even my first MCS, but it will be my first MCS in a stick! I'm very excited and wish the boat would hurry up!

I look forward to participating on the forums. Apparently, for some reason this site gets along better with my network here at school than NAM so I'm grateful for another active MINI community to visit.

2. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Well welcome Chance.

Just endured the wait for my wifes MCSm. Suppose it was a little more bearable with my own 07'....:D

Anyway look forward to you sharing your MINI experience here with the rest if us MINIacs

3. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Chance, welcome aboard. You'll love the stick :wink5:

5. hey there Chance! welcome to MA. it's a great crowd over here, and i guarantee you'll have fun. and congratulations on the car conversion, i think you'll be very happy with the switch ;)

Manual MINIs are more fun than Autotragic MINIs, IMHO.
    :D

6. Chance

Chance New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Science Teacher
    AR
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. My partner had a manual Justa and I loved driving it, so I can imagine that a manual MCS will be even better. It'll take a little while for me to adjust though - this'll be my first real long-term manual tranny car. I've gotten far more comfortable driving stick and have very few mishaps now, and thankfully the MINI includes a hill assist feature so I won't be sweating bullets on a steep incline like I was in my short time with a stick 2008 350Z.

As much as I love the smoothness of my GTi DSG, I will not be sad at all to say goodbye to that $8k tranny before the warranty is out! Especially not with all the recall issues VW has been facing.