New Mini owner, intro and a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by DustinT, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DustinT

DustinT New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys and gals,

You've got a great forum here and I'm glad to be a part of it. I'm buying a 2009 Cooper S, 6m with the premium and sport packages from my local dealer. I'm thrilled and I can't wait to enjoy the motoring.

One of the things I'm not in love with is the color line in the car. It's a grey and silver, checked flag looking design. I'd prefer something a little less busy. I know the dealer can swap it but I thought I'd check here for any other suggestions. Is there anything I need to know?

I'll post some other threads later on upgrading the stock speakers and perhaps a seat swap. Mine's got the stock, leatherette seats and I'd like to do an upgrade eventually.

Thanks!

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance

3. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to M/A!
    Some people go with the Wet Oaklie seat covers, nice covers and a fast way to change color.

4. DustinT

DustinT New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. I'm still finishing the deal with Mini, but it all looks great so far. I found out that my car actually got new tires and a clutch hen the dealer took it in. So, that's a few thousand in repairs I won't have to worry about. Woot.

Plus, Global Imports is throwing in a brand new key since the car was missing one. I can't wait to take deliver in a couple of hours.

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Welcome to MA! You will like it here. Drive your MINI just a little bit before starting mods. The seat cover advice above is good advice and it is a good company.:Thumbsup:

Jason

6. DustinT

DustinT New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yup, I can already see the wisdom in that advice. So far, the car is stock and I'm loving it.

7. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the alliance