New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Track Days & HPDE's' started by AutoTrackDay, Apr 13, 2014.

1. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Read our latest article:

Road America: "A Park with a Couple of Racetracks Built into it."

“Come for the experience and stay for the race,†says Mike Kertscher, Director of Business Services at Road America, located in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. According to Kertscher, the average person does not know how diverse Road America is. “You can bring your family and friends here. Even if they’re not into driving, they can still come here and have a great time. It’s a park with a couple of racetracks built into it – truly. That’s what it is.â€

autotrackdaymonthly.com - YourTrack

Also, help us out and take a quick survey by clicking here:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XPMBK5X

2. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Sr. Technical Consultant for company in the energy
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Read through a few articles on the site and I just filled out the survey.
    Great site! Keep it up!

3. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your support and enjoy!

4. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  5. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    First of all, love the magazine--it reminds me of when Winding Road got started, before it got ginormous, although more track focused than car focused.

Took the survey.

Road America is 20 minutes from my doorstep--loved the article! We need more MINI's out there. It's not the perfect track for the MINI, but the back half of the track is twisty enough to keep things interesting with the higher HP cars.

6. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

7. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles Discusses the 2015 Z06

We asked Harlan what makes the new 2015 Z06 suitable for track days and he said:

"Other than the obvious 650 hp and 650 lb. ft. of torque, we paid a lot of attention to aerodynamic down force to create a true production down force car. We also added larger brakes and tires and the Z07 option, which has carbon ceramic brakes and Cup 2 tires."

Read the rest of the interview here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackCars

We have track day manuals and a driver's logbook for you. Click here to get your free downloads:

Downloads

Enjoy!

8. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    David Dickinson, Author of the Old Car Nut Book Series

"They tend to be the type of stories that get told in a shop over a beer or two or from behind the bumper of a car at a car show as people sit in a circle of old car guys in lawn chairs. So, there are stories that will make you laugh or maybe shed a tear or two."

David Dickinson has worn many hats over the years. And of course all of those hats have had something to do with the automotive industry and cars, specifically classic cars. Currently Dickinson is in the process of publishing The Old Car Nut Book series. With the first two already published, Dickinson is hard at work compiling stories for the upcoming third book in the series. Take a look at our Q & A with Dickinson and learn more about the man behind the fascinating stories:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackQ&A

autotrackdaymonthly.com - Contact Us

9. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Advanced Driver Tuning: “Fingers and Toesâ€
    by Greg Haas
    February 2015

Greg Haas, owner of Advanced Driver Tuning, was one of our first contributors. He has submitted a new driving technique article, which we think you will find useful.

"When you grasp the steering wheel, be conscious of your fingertips as the first contact and explore the minimal inputs required to change direction. Plant your heel on the floor to index your foot's position and actively use your toes first for braking and throttle."

Read Greg's article here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - Driving Technique

Also, check out our classifieds section here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - Classifieds

and our forum here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - Forum

We have some great partners in RacingJunk.com and TrackHQ.com

Enjoy!

10. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The Friction Circle by Austin, Bentley, Carlson, Krause, Sneed & Steffensen

We are very excited to share with you our assembled experts for this second go-around on driving techniques, specifically The Friction Circle: Jerry Austin of Austin Motorsports, specializing in data analysis and data logging equipment; Ross Bentley of Speed Secrets and driving coach; Satch Carlson, Editor, Roundel Magazine; Peter Krause of Peter Krause and Associates and driving coach; Chris Sneed, owner of Sneed’s Speed Shop, instructor for PCA, BMW CCA and NASA, and professional racer in the Pirelli World Challenge series; and Ingrid Steffensen, BMW CCA instructor, professor, author and contributor to Bentley's Speed Secrets.

If you like what you see, please help us build our readership by liking us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday

11. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Auto TrackDay Monthly interviewed National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park Track Operations Manager Matt Busby. "The Grand Full config is a mix of moderate elevation change, medium speed, technical, high speed, high load corners, and also has three separate sections that see sustained triple digit speeds. I find it to be very challenging but also very repeatable. It definitely rewards those who take the time to get into a rhythm. Most of all, tons of fun!"

Read the full interview here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - YourTrack

Also, don't forget to download our track day manuals for beginners and intermediates and a track driver's log book here:

Downloads

12. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    We are excited to share with you a Carsyeah.com podcast generously offered to us by Mark Greene. Come take a listen. Mike Renner has had his share of competitive racing but has also become one of the premier driving coaches at the BMW Performance Driving School and coaches new drivers, racers, F.B.I. agents and Secret Service members who are assigned the task of presidential protection.

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackDrivers

Like us on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday

13. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    WEBINAR: Get Smart About Tires & Drive Faster with Ross Bentley & Paul Haney

"Find some tires that are reliable and affordable, figure out the right inflation pressures and have fun flogging your toy. And don’t let the tires freeze in winter storage!"

Read our interview with tire guru and engineer Paul Haney:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackCar Tech

Like us on Facebook:

14. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hawk Performance Street/Race Pads

"The advantages of High Performance Street Race Pads over HP Plus are that they offer more brake torque and a higher temperature rating for greater fade resistance. The temperature rating of HP Plus is 100-800 degrees F and HPS Street/Race is 100-1200 degrees F."

We interviewed Edwin Mangune of Hawk Performance Products Group to bring you this article about street/track pads, ideal for HPDE use:

Like us on Facebook:

15. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Read our latest article from contributor Greg Haas of Advanced Driver Tuning:

“Take It To The Bankâ€

"Early in my driving career one of my instructors taught me to read the tachometer at a specific point on the exit of each turn I was striving to improve."

Also, please spread the word by liking us on Facebook:

16. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Larry Webster, Editor and Chief of Road & Track Magazine

We are excited to share with you a carsyeah.com podcast generously offered to us by Mark Greene. Larry Webster is the Editor and Chief of Road & Track magazine and a bona fide track day nut. Come take a listen:

Don't forget to like us on Facebook:

17. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Read our newest interview:

BMW Performance Driving Center Instructor Mike Renner

"I see this guy’s running 30 events and he’s never put it off the track. He knows he can drive pretty quick so he must have car control, but the fine art of really being able to sense what the car is doing, what cause and effect are, how to correct when necessary, and being able to drive the car at or very near the limit with comfort – that’s car control."

Click below:

Announcing: The 2015 National Speedway Directory has hit the shelves. This is a great resource full of all the information you need before heading to the track. Read all about it here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - Press Releases

18. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Data Guru Matt Romanowski of TrailBrake.net Talks to Auto TrackDay Monthly

"Having a great predictive time displayed in the car has really helped with knowing, while still on the track, which line or technique is better. There is no more guessing or going by what “feels†faster. With data, you know what is faster."

Read the article here:

If you haven't already, please consider liking us on Facebook to help grow our audience:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday/timeline

19. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The BMW Performance Center to Contest the 2015 One Lap Of America with New BMW X6 M

We asked Mike Renner to comment on the BMW April 28 One Lap of America press release.

“It is truly phenomenal. It goes fast and if it happens to rain, we would hope that it rains every day as it is all wheel drive and I am very comfortable with that kind of condition."

Read further comments by Mike Renner as he prepares to contest another One Lap of America for BMW:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackQ&A

If you like what you see, please consider liking us on Facebook. It helps build our audience of track day enthusiasts:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday/timeline

20. AutoTrackDay

AutoTrackDay New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Palatov Motorsport: Cars Designed for Trackday Drivers

"What I wanted to do was create new solutions, break away from the tried and true. In racing there are very few opportunities to do that. Also, racing requires huge budgets relative to simply doing trackdays. But most importantly, I’m a trackday driver and not a racer. I wanted to design cars that I myself would want to own and drive."

Read the article here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackCars

Get your free trackday manuals and driver log here:

Downloads