New R53 Owner from far away!

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by Chapa, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Chapa

Chapa New Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone!
    It is my pleasure to get in touch with you.
    My name is Jorge García, I'm 53 years old, I live in Argentina, I'm an architect and I'm a fan of some cars...some of them...
    Some of my favorites, I have the pleasure of having them: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7, a 2009 Audi A5 3.2...and I wanted to indulge myself with this little demon: 2006 MINI Cooper S R53 Automatic, with 115,000 km on the back. I just bought it, it's very good, but like every used car just bought, we must do a primary preventive maintenance, otherwise I get bored!
    I've been reading them for some time now and thanks to that, this weekend I'll get to work. I've already got it up, on Jacks...
    Engine: Oil change, oil dipstick, that had noticed it about to break and that yesterday it broke (shit!!!) and remained inside the tube, too much inside as to be able to remove it...so I will put the mini in "front end service mode", I will take out the radiator, taking advantage to change coolant and remove the tube guide of the dipstick, I will change the strap, and I will change the oil of box (special thanks to Fishbone!!!).
    To finish, and I hope it is not too late on Saturday ....I will put 4 new tires, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, I will give myself a good bath ... and go out to enjoy it!
    Sorry for my poor English, I speak Spanish and DeepL helps me in the translation.
    Greetings to the whole community!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
  3. Miniac

Miniac Member

May 12, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Greetings from Australia!!!!

Welcome to the world of MINI!

Plenty of useful information on here and a very knowledgeable community.
    Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Welcome and it appears you have a good start on the maintenance. Post pictures, we love good MINI pictures or even works in progress.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Welcome [BIENVENIDOS] to M/A! :Thumbsup:

I used to speak Spanish years ago, but it seems to have left me now that I spend most of my time driving my MINIs.

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! We are here to help. When you done with that it is time to start modifying you Mini, 15% supercharger pulley, nice exhaust, some suspension work. ........

Minis are a blast. Have fun!

7. Skidmarks

Skidmarks Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Male
    IT/OT Analyst
    Wichita, KS
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Love to see pictures as well.

8. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    I have two 2006 MCS automatics. One is just for my wife and is unmodded, while the other is my daily driver, and has seen track days, as well as a lot of curvy mountain and road use since I bought it new in 2006. Neither car has suffered any transmission problems for me. My MCSa is pretty well modded for what I have wanted to drive. You have a car that many [including myself] say is the BEST MINI year ever made [Generation 1, 2006 MCS], insofar as problems go...so, ENJOY your "new" ride!