New tire blowout

Discussion in 'MINI' started by 08 Cooper S, Oct 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah... Run Flats are the pits...

If it was me.... I'd tell Michelin.... Give me Michelin not Bridgestones... Don't loose me to your competitor... Just give me the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and we'll call it done...

2. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    ^^^ That would be my approach. But, it sounds like it's a tire shop that offered you the alternative brand... If that's the case, I'd probably go back to that manager and tell him/her that you want to speak to the Michelin folks again. Impart the knowledge regarding their defective product and mention that you have additional information you'd be willing to discuss in the presence of your attorney. This is, of course, if you've got a burning desire to stay with the Michelin brand. Not saying that you haven't, but I'd definitely make them perform, so to speak, and not let them off the hook too easily.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Hey, some people don't hate run flat tires. OP may just be happy Michelin played ball long enough to pay for a fresh set.

Even those of us who hate run flats have to agree pretty much any new tires (other than counterfeits) are better than one tire that already catastrophically failed and three others that may follow suit. And it's all four tires, all free, labor included. I say he got lucky here and good on Michelin for stepping up.

4. 08 Cooper S

08 Cooper S New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Woodworker
    Northford, CT
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Thank you. This is how I am leaving it. Not going to push my luck. I was very happy that I was able to get what I got!

5. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,024 / 6 / -5
    Glad things worked out for you. Enjoy your new tires !!

6. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    That's what happened to the Pirelli runflat tires that came with my car. Went to normal tires and it never happened again.

Glad it worked out okay for you. Kudos to Michelin.