Most liked posts in thread: Nissan Versa = Garbage

1. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    I have one right now for the same reason. It's a very odd feeling car. Unresponsive, almost feels like it's got a CVT, which it might, but anywayz... I've already called Hertz and I WILL be getting a different car. This thing is just awful on every level. Granted I'm used to a tight quick MINI or a surprisingly nimble but still a truck, twin turbo F-150, but still. This Versa feels dangerous. What you say about the brakes is so true. Very spongy, but all at once they just grab. N'er again.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Welcome to the bottom of the food chain cars. These are not cars, just transport appliances. Coming out of 2 nice cars into those things has to be an eye opening experience. I'm sure the fact that they are beat to carp rentals has something to do with it, but even a minty new one is a poor excuse for a car. Sad, but true many people think these are great cars. :lol:

3. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    I've had some crappy cars in my day. Early 90's Crapalier, Mid 70's 260 equipped cutlass, 85' Caprice Estate wagon with 350k on the clock and ate a quart+ a day...There was even a little 4 door Chrysler sh*tbox in there too. I've never driven such a pile, and I've had cars with holes in the floor boards. Granted my shoes wont get wet driving this thing, but still. There's not 1 thing I like about it. I'd rather drive a Fiat. It would be a great car if I were like 95 and just needed it to go from my trailer to the gas station for smokes and some Old Milwaukee.

4. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    Everything you said Qik. The brakes are downright scary. Some Versas have CVT some don't. Mine was a traditional auto, that sucked.

I have had some **** box loaners/rentals but even they at least had a transmission that wasn't manic-depressive and brakes that worked the same way every time.

I get the "my car is an applicance" thing. The Versa is so bad I wouldn't recommend it for even that. Get a bare bones Honda Fit or a stripped down Ford Fiesta. You'd be WAY better off.

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    The Fit is the top o the line appliance. A high quality piece that is as reliable as a Maytag.