Exterior 2nd Gen No More Chrome Door Handles

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by jtbrown, Nov 20, 2010.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Western NJ
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Two less bits of chrome on my MINI... my new door handle covers showed up this week. I'd mention the maker but not sure if I'm supposed to as they are not sponsors of this site.

[​IMG]

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Are they white? I have the same ones in black from AC. :Thumbsup:

Jim

3. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,722 / 0 / -0
    They look nice.
    I don't think it matters whether or not they are a sponsor. If they get some business through Motoring Alliance, they may decide to become a sponsor!

So tell us, where did you get them!?

Dave

4. Tata Steva

Tata Steva MINI of the Month - September 2010

May 30, 2010
    DOP/stock Photography
    TO
    Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I ordered mine like more than a month ago.... It seems that 2 months is an average wait for these... I hope it's wort waiting for???
    AC, as well....

5. cop1406

cop1406 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Oink Oink
    Sonora, CA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I got mine after a four month wait. They are awesome but you have to be patient. I will post a pic in my garage in a day or two..

6. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was worth the wait. Mine fit so well I did not need the black out tape that is provided. Yes, AC can be slow at times and fast at others, but I have always been more then happy with the products. :Thumbsup:

Jim

7. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    The wait is definately worth it. I have AC covers painted Dark Silver for my door handles, fuel cap and front and rear emblems. The quality is outstanding.

8. jtbrown

jtbrown New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Western NJ
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yes, these are a set of Aesthetic Creations handle covers... first ones that I've seen in white, though. Yes, it was a long wait (a little over three months) but I was made aware of that from the start. I'd much prefer a merchant be honest and up front about things like a long delivery time than one who promises one thing but doesn't follow up on it and is incommunicative.

The handles themselves are a fine product. The color match to the mirrors and roof are fine. The fit (which, according to Hannah at AC, has recently been tweaked) is perfect, and installation was as easy as putting the cover in place and opening the door. I have a few additional photos in my gallery.

There's even the added benefit this time of year in that the handle covers don't seem to conduct a static shock like the standard chrome ones do. No more shocks getting in to the car anymore!

If you are looking to alter the appearance of your door handles but don't want to go through the difficulties with a full door handle swap, these are an excellent route to go.