No Washington shops, Wow, much sad

Discussion in 'MINI' started by jerryb2005mcs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Sr. Technical Consultant for company in the energy
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I just discovered the Shops map and confirmed that there are no Mini shops in the PNW.
    [​IMG]

There are a few members who are from the PNW so I'm hoping they'll chime in.

I live in Spokane, WA. The only shop around here that does some work on Mini's is Advanced Auto Fabrication.

There are a couple others that say they'll work on Mini's but everytime I talk with them I get the feeling they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, I'm not looking for anything right now. It would be nice to know who's around here that could work on it should I need something done! :biggrin5:

2. Onramp

Onramp Enjoy the Hiways of Life!
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Retired, mostly
    Renton, WA
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    When you say shops, I assume you are excluding dealerships. There is an eastern Wa Mini Club, based in either Spokane or the Tri-Cities. Can't think of it but if you googled Mini Clubs in Wa you would find it. I know there is a BMW based shop in Spokane that also hot rods Minis (or used to anyway). Check out Adare Motorsports and the BMW/CCA for driving events at Spokane Raceway Park.

3. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Sr. Technical Consultant for company in the energy
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Onramp. I'm familiar with both Adare Motorsports and the Spokane County Raceway. Scott was great to do business with, but I think he's out of the biz now.
    Hank of Advanced Auto Fabrication basically took over where Adare Motorsports left off running track days and such at SCRW. I frequent the track a couple times a year and I'm hoping to attend more events this year!

I haven't had a chance to meet up with the local Mini Club in Spokane but will this year. They've got some good drives planned.

As for shops, yes, I don't mean dealerships. Spokane doesn't have one. Camp BMW won't touch them sadly. So, if I want to get any service done, a local shop would be where I'd turn.

I have a few choices and a couple of them I've used when I had my BMW's. I took my Mini to one of them and I ended up having to figure it out on my own and fixed the problem.

What I'm jealous of is you guys that have shops like RMW, Helix, Way, etc near you. I've got a good shop in AAF but they specialize in BMW's.

4. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
  5. Onramp

Onramp Enjoy the Hiways of Life!
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Retired, mostly
    Renton, WA
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Well, if you get frustrated with the lack of shops and feel like a trip to the wet side, there is an indy not far from my home that I completely trust called South Lake European. They are a member of our PSMini.org club (check us out) and have LOTS of experience. We have a number of other indys here as well, and if you come over, let us know on PSMini and we will make you welcome.