Pre Migration Northern California section?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Perfusion, May 26, 2009.

1. Perfusion

Perfusion New Member

May 23, 2009
    Cardiovascular Perfusionist
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could we possibly get a Northern California discussion section in with the other regional areas? I know there is a "NorCal MINIs" club, but I'm not a member of them (yet, anyway) since I just purchased my car last week. On other non-MINI forums I've subscribed to in the past, there have been regional areas - not necessarily club-affiliated - for people who live in the same geographical area to converse, etc. Any thoughts?

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Ahh the bane of a forum owner....

On the one hand you are asking for anther section, the other hand is holding a post says there are too many sections.

When I setup the MINI Clubs - Country and Region section I did have in mind this would be for the various clubs. If you look at the Clubs map as it stands right now you'll not it's weighted to the east. Thats because I did a lot of pimping of the site at an east coast dominated event. The majority of the sites members at this time are also from the east and midwest.

I guess what you can take away from this is that's a long winded way to state that at this time I'd like to keep the MINI Clubs - Country and Region area focused on the clubs. I fear adding a nor-cal will call for a mid-cal and south-cal, and then someone will ask for East Timur and West Timur. I'd recommend that you contact the NorCal MINI Club, become a member and lobby that they have a presence on M/A.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Of course, whether you join NorCal MINIs or not, you can always post there anyway. You may have to be a member of their club to participate in their events but you don't have to join any club to post in any forum on MA.

4. Perfusion

Perfusion New Member

May 23, 2009
    Cardiovascular Perfusionist
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's cool... I appreciate the quick replies!