November 2009 Motoring Alliance MINI of the Month

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Oct 11, 2009.

?

November MINI of the Month

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Diablita

52 vote(s)
    43.0%
  2. Un-Named 1

19 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Un-Named 2

50 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. MD-IN-UK

MD-IN-UK New Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I cast my vote, and I feel that one vote per member should be considered. In all fairness anyway.

All three are shining examples of what any fine automobile should strive to look like.

2. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I just love red...Diablita for the win! :cornut:. I saw this car in person at MINIsForKids and it was HAWT. Very nicely done and the paint was swirl free!

3. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Here is Diablita from different angles...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N-b4CCtOEc"]YouTube - Diablita MINIsForKids 10 3 2009[/ame]

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love the car and got my vote but some shots of the driver from different angles would be nice also :devil:

5. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Diablita FTMFW

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It is only one vote per registered member. The "vote early and vote often" bit is just something left over in my mind from how Chicago voting was run. More for my own amusement than anything else.

7. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have never really been a fan of the Ochiari Body Kit...but I think it was pulled together nicely on the Cabrio.

Tough choice, but it was the little red horns that sealed the vote from me...nice touch without all the kitch that you sometimes see...+ its October :D

8. brownflyer

brownflyer New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is what makes the MINI such an awesome car. You can customize it your liking from mild to wild. These are 3 exceptional examples of this.

But I must say that Diablita gets my vote. This takes the MINI to a whole new level w/o being obscene. This MINI is best viewed in person, sitting down as it will knock you off your feet....not to mention the owner...:crazy:

9. RonsMinnie

RonsMinnie New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 28, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I feel like the cowboy that kisses the horse not girl -- as I voted for the unnamed 2 Mini.

10. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the kit photographs well. I've seen several MINIs that were done very well with this kit, Diablita being one of them. It looks much better in person or in video than it does in still images. When my MINI is parked next to Diablita, mine looks totally stock:eek6:. The difference is night and day dramatic. Not everyone's cup of tea, but the fact that Denise is a really cool MINI owner and the mother of 3 boys, and fantastic Kart driver, she deserves to win! :D

11. Ignacious11

Ignacious11 New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The car is great but the driver really makes the difference

Diablita :devil: is a spectacular car but what clinches it for me is how Denise drives. She is right up at the front of the fast group every time and sometimes looks like she's being held back. It must be her mountain bike racing experience but regardless, this woman knows how to drive a MINI!
    Steve (GRN MENI) :D

12. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I agree!! When we went GoKarting after MINIsForKids, she was always among the top fastest drivers. She certainly knows how to drive fast regardless of horsepower! Very impressive! :devil:

13. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    629 views as of this post and only 92 votes AND it's neck and neck in the voting as well....

Spread the word folks....

14. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Diablita should do some campaigning to pull ahead.:D

15. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's cool that there's three different MINIs showing three different styles, one representing the VIP treatment, one representing a more traditional tuner style with some standard MINI cues thrown in, and one showing the Euro/stance look. Good luck to all and my vote's been cast.

16. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure about the VIP distinction. VIP is usually slammed, crazy camber, high end polished wheels, subtle styling accents, and fancy interiors on bigbody luxury cars.

Widebody, aggressive bodykit, chrome wheels, neon lights, un-lowered, on a smaller sports car is more Spo-Com or Import Tuner if anything :Thumbsup:\

Diablita needs some coilovers and wider wheels to put that widebody to use. That'd be sick :Thumbsup:

VIP:
    [​IMG]

17. BLUCOOPR

BLUCOOPR New Member

May 21, 2009
    Retired Truck Driver
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My vote is in! Hard decision as I have seen two of these in person. I thought I saw the other one at Minis on top in New Hampshire but just don't really remember. Regardless of who wins, they are all worthy!

18. brownflyer

brownflyer New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Diablita is running on 18X8 with 12mm offset on 215/40/18 with a slight stretch so as not to rub too much on the inner fender. As it is, she already has the inner fender rolled up and is still rubbing on hard bumps (not on the inner plastic).

But she might need some stiffer spring/shock combo.

IMG_3491.JPG

19. BBCooper

BBCooper New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so... quiet....

All this activity in the beginning was exciting and now..... silence... :Yawn:
    So does this mean that Diablita has won!! :devil:

Waiting for the results, I guess :popcorn:

20. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Tough crowd this month......looks like it was stacked against me ...........:D