Octane announces Laporte, Groenke, Sallenbach and Lauzière for 2010

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by jpropane, May 22, 2010.

1. jpropane

jpropane New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #1 jpropane, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    After announcing earlier this year Michel Sallenbach for the 2010 season, Team Octane is proud to confirm that Sylvain Laporte will drive the second MINI Cooper for the majority of the 2010 races. “The results obtained by Team Octane throughout the last 3 seasons guided my choice” proclaims Laporte. “We will aim for podium finishes at every event we will enter”.

P.J. Groenke will start the season with Team Octane, until his new car becomes available. “We have been discussing participation with Octane for a long time” explains Groenke; “starting the season with Octane will provide us the opportunity to gather precious championship points until we start developing our car”.

“Professional commitments will prevent me from competing at every event this year” mentions team-owner Lauzière. “I will get in the driver’s seat when the opportunity presents itself. We are very happy to have experienced drivers like Sylvain and P.J. drive for us. With Michel being a rookie in the Castrol series, we will ensure we guide his progression throughout the year.

Team Octane has obtained championship wins in the Touring class of the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship, during the 2009 and 2007 seasons.

Team Octane is proud to partner with MINI Original Parts, Castrol, Simone Performance Imports, Birchmount Collision, Trimo, Cruisecanada.com and BULLY clutches.

The Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship 2010 season will begin this weekend at Mosport in Ontario. The Championship comprises 14 events throughout 7 weekends