Off to MSSD

Discussion in 'Minis Slay the Sleeping Dragon (October 22 - 24, 2' started by TGS91, Oct 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Fun was had by all... and no ticket this year for me.. One guy did get a "warning" ticket for running just over 50 on the dragon!!! Talk about luck!!! Yes, large turn out from the THMMC group...

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    WOW......
    I had a great time..... The weather was perfect..... Met some really nice MINI people..... The Fall colors were superb..... Had a wonderful meal at the Fontana restaurant (Blackened Prime Rib with horseradish sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus).

Special thanks to TWISTER (Mark), and all the members of the Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club, for letting me join in on the runs and dinner (I really shouldn't have had the Margherita with the drive back to Fontana) Got a great tee shirt for the 8th MSSD. And a bunch of wonderful memories.

Thank you y'all.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Glad you had a good time and a safe trip. Is "MSSD: The Movie" still in editing?

Jim

4. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Ha, I had a great time. Metalman, I grabbed shots of those yellow and brg mini's as well. I really enjoyed myself.

5. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah...... Just got back about an hour ago..........

I don't think ANYONE want's to watch over 2 hours of filming. Will need to edit and splice a bunch of sessions to get it down to something under 6 minutes. So give me a few. Oh.... guess what, you can accidently turn off the mic.:cryin: Ask me how I know...... But fortunately I watched some of the films, and figured out how to turn it back on.:D

6. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Wished I met you Versus, I wrote down descriptions and names of some of the members from what was in the M/A garage....... Ahhhhh not much in your garage.

I was with my wife in the DS/B JCW R56, with the black and white Chihuahua.

7. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    You bring up a good point MM. Last year at MOTD I thought I would meet a bunch of folks, but everyone looked different from how they look on line. :D

Next year I want to start a thread where we post a picture of ourselves standing next to our MINI. That could be very helpful. :Thumbsup:

Jim

8. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Let me add to that.....
    Set up you garages now....

9. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    lol, I'll get on that.
    Sidenote, a lot of the cars I saw only once. That being during the rally to dinner on Friday and I was headed up to the Lodge when everyone else was headed down to chow.

10. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hey Metalman, My wife and I met your wife and Chihuahua at that first stop on the Sat. morning drive.. How did the dog do on the drive..

11. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Hahahahaha.......
    Well...... It's more like; how did the dog and my wife do on the drive? You see, we gave the dog a very small piece of benadryl (we checked with the vet. beforehand to make sure the dog would be able to handle the stress, and apparently this is a common tactic to settle dogs down).

Nothing was recommended for the wife......

You see, I had a firm grip on the steering wheel, my wife had to hold the dog and hold the handhold over the passenger door. Each stop, I had to reposition the passenger floor mat from her trying to use the brakes on her side. Needless to say she was a frazzle at the end of each run. We made the mistake of being one of the very last cars thinking it would be nice and slow. And as you know, the end is always playing catching up, so that makes the end cars the fastest part of the run.

The margherita at the Mexican dinner did the trick for her. She was mellow the rest of the night. And she tells me she really did have a fun time.

And the dog.... Well the dog won't tell me.

12. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    That would have been me!

And yes I was incredibly lucky

Somewhere between being completely honest when he pulled me over and I think toward the end of shift

Officer Wilson "do you know how fast you were going?, I had you at 57 (in a 30)"

Me "thats about right"

Officer Wilson "uh, well, um thanks for your honesty"

Ran my plates and registration and I was clean and had my piece of paper with "WARNING" in about 72 font and was on my way!

Kept it under 100 in TN, NC on the other hand.....Let's just say the uber spirited run was well, spirited

13. Ofioliti

Ofioliti New Member

May 9, 2009
    Professor
    ... always curious
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Ha ha! Lucky dog!

14. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Hey Tim (TGS91)......
    I specifically searched for you at every opportunity. Looking for a Chili Red MINI with Missouri plates. Wanted to say hi. Somehow our paths didn't cross.

15. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Same here, guess it was not meant to be

Spotted a guy with a MA shirt from the back and it turned out to be a guy from Atlanta that I had met last year

Next time....

16. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Well, it's hard to believe, my first download onto my Apple computer of one of the MINI MSSD was all on a 8GB SD memory card. So far it took 3 hours to import the info into the I-Movie program. It's analyzing it for "Stabilization". It's telling me it's going to take about 10 hours to complete. I can't imagine there being a stabilization issue taking a video on the Dragon. Go figure.

17. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Shove a benadryl in the USB port. :crazy:

18. TWISTER

TWISTER Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Male
    Web Developer/Designer
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know the screen name of the member from Middle Georgia MINIs that drove the clubman that was taking photos?

19. KBoes

KBoes New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to Twister!

I have a few pictures uploaded. I will try to get a few more uploaded tomorrow.
    Picasa Web Albums - Karen - MSSD2010

I want to thank Twister for a great drive Saturday morning.
    That was one of my favorite drives. We went down some roads that I want to explore more.

20. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Since it was a small group I thought you and Tim would have hooked up. It is funny how things like that don't happen. We talk all the time, but don't really know each other in the flesh. Hang in there with the movie. It will work out.

I loved the part about the dog and your wife. Our dogs don't get in the car (they don't want to) and my wife has almost worn the break on the passengers side out. :lol:

Jim