Oh herro der!

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by BlueMist, Feb 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BlueMist

BlueMist New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody! I would like to introduce myself as a new member to this board. I've owned my Ib/W R53 named Iphigenia for the past 4 months or so and while it has been a rough road (more on that later) I have enjoyed our time together :biggrin5:

I bought the car with the only mod being a Promini intake at a very low price thinking I came away with a smoking deal, but quite a few things have gone very wrong with it since I picked her up. The first thing that went was the power steering rack which set me back quite a lot of money since I ordered a brand new one from ZF and had it professionally installed. I had the car back for three days when my throwout bearing suddenly decided to grenade itself on the way home from school. This time I didn't have the money to have it professionally done so I went ahead and ordered a Spec Stage 1 kit, new guide tube, and Fidanza flywheel to replace it all since I plan on adding a bit of power in the future. During the process I also replaced the torn inner CV boots. I also found some small concerns with the condition of some of the parts. I found the plastic thing that the radiator mounts to and hangs between the frame rails was cracked on one side, three of the four inner fender liners are cracked and she's missing the plastic engine/transmission guard underneath. Once I finally got it all back on the road I took it for a test drive with a friend and everything worked great, we stopped off to grab a bite to eat and when we came back out to the car she wouldn't start at all. No starter click or anything. Checked battery, clutch position sensor, checked all grounds and couldn't find a damn thing. Had her towed to Kummrow Automotive and they discovered the starer had died so while it was there I had them install a new clutch slave cylinder. Then on the way home from picking Iphi up from that the supercharger belt started to shred apart. So once I got home I ordered an Ultrik 15% pulley, NGK iridium colder heat range plugs, DT tensioner stop, new belt tensioner, and new belt. And that is where I'm at today. Also, along those lines somewhere I managed to score a pretty awesome deal on the wheels in the picture.

Attached Files:

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Welcome to MA. It's a very nice car and I think that your luck is about to change for the better. Hang in there!:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance.

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Hello and welcome.....
    Well, sounds like the great deal helped cover some of the issues. Hopefully that part of the MINI experience is over and you can start with the enjoyment part... It's much better, for sure.....:D

5. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard.

Jim

6. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011