Ohio Highway Deaths Drop Despite Higher Speed Limit

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by Nathan, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Its worse if you are an actual resident of Virginia. The get fines on top of fines from what I'm told.

2. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    This was just shared with me last week... Now in our Golden State, if you're 18 and have not yet been a licensed driver, you're not even required to attend a drivers training course.

I live here, and that's F'D-up right there. Where'd I put my beer?

3. minime331

minime331 New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    washington dc metro area
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Va love it. My friend got a ticket for aggressive driving due to an ****** pulling out in front of him and causing him to swerve around the guy. Of course at that moment a cop was making a right at the intersection ahead and saw my friend just swerving around the guy. Well that resulted in a ticket worth around 850, and a bunch of points on his license. Luckily he got a lawyer to fight the charges and all was dropped.
    Come to VA , VA is for lovers coughbullshit

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Oh yeah I know. :incazzato:

I got caught doing 95 mph (Limit 65) up a hill passing a Mustang on the right near Roanoke on 81 south going to the Dragon my first year.
    No, I did not have my Valentine radar detector yet. My FOP (fraternal order of Police) membership got the ticket reduced to 70 in a 65 on the spot. :ihih: but I did get cussed out by the VA Trooper for going so fast and passing on the right and the fine was just over $200.

I learned my lesson and run VA at night (Midnight to 4 AM) with my Valentine V1 on the whole way through VA. Yes, I know radar detectors are illegal in VA but I don't care.

5. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Aren't Valentine radar detectors invisible to the detector detectors?

Dave

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Let's just say I don't know but I never turn mine off in Va and have been followed and had radar held on my car for well over 5 miles and they never pulled me over. :devil::cool:

I also have the remote display by my tach so the unit has no lights on up buy the visor. :ihih: