Sweeeeeet

3. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Aww has to be a set of four? I need my uppers to have custom rods...hmmm.

What's the thread on your heim joints?

4. Onasled Racing

Onasled Racing New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    As far as custom uppers Rally, I can help you out there I am sure. Let me know what you need and I will see if I can do it for ya.

Hiems are 5/8- 18, L and R

5. Onasled Racing

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    By the way, I say sold only as a set of Four because mixing and matching these things is not the greatest idea. It's also the best way for me to save you all some money.

6. mini_racer

mini_racer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean mixing and matching? Not possible to install a set of yours only on lower? What?

7. Onasled Racing

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Understand, I am not just out to sell mini owners parts just to make a buck. I am very particular in what I put on or do with your cars. Yes, mixing hiem lowers with factory rubber uppers is not something I will do. Just me and the way I do things. I would rather loose a sale any day then to do what I don't believe should be done. :smile5:

Greg V

8. mini_racer

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Please educate me, I guess I just am not understanding some of the particulars of your view. Why is that not advised?

9. Onasled Racing

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... guess it's a good question. Is there a reason that when building a race car that the builder designer would use solid rod ends on the lower arms and rubber on the upper?

I am doing my best to make it clear that I am very race oriented. I am not here to put miscellaneous suspension parts on any road mini in order to just sell parts. It's just the way I do things and to try and defend such a thinking process is truly not something I want to do here.

As far as rubber uppers and solid lowers, which do you think is going to take all the abuse? Do you believe that they will share equally? Why would one want solid lowers and rubber uppers as a performance advantage? Would you advise others to only add a solid transmission mount and leave the engine mount factory?

But, PLEASE, please understand, I am not here to try and convert anyone to how I think. I am NOT here saying that any other vendor is doing it wrong. They are offering to most Mini owners what are in demand and most are very happy with what they end up with. Onasled Racing just now tries take this to the next step for those that are more interested in racing. It's the same reason I have taken the time to add custom bolts , predrilled for safety wire no less, to add just that much more safety, performance, and dependability. I understand that of everyone who wants parts like control arms, that maybe 2% may see the advantage of pursuing mine.

Greg V

10. mini_racer

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Greg, much appreciated and thanks for the info. Also note that I was not trying to incite a riot with my questions just seeking to understand.

BTW, those control arms look pretty damn robust.

11. Onasled Racing

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  12. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Really looking forward to some photos of your product.

13. andyroo

andyroo New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Sep 8, 2009
    water science and mapping, and suspesnion and brak
    Columbia, MD
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Kudos for the honesty. And these would be the arms I would get if my Mini was track only.

Thumbs up!

- Andrew