Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S Most liked posts in thread: One More AccessPort Pro Dyno Tuner

1. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    No AFRs on the dyno? Running more boost than the map sensors can handle. Wonder how long it will last.

2. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    the problem when tuning above a "clamped" sensor is...........the car cannot properly fuel the car in all circumstances............can it be done sure......but it always ends badly

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    OT...I ate a bunch of Mexican food last night and my air/fuel ratio has been messed up all day....and no one enjoys it's characteristics :)

Now, back on topic.

4. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    With a user ID like "OldBrokenWind", I should expect comments like this ---

Did a little more research and discovered AFR is AKA "Lambda". Maybe "AFR" is too easy to understand / communicate? I didn't see it originally because I didn't expand the data log chart columns to show complete headings --- getting lazy in my old age! One more bit of knowledge to file away.

Anyhow, my Ziptie map is running AFR's between 11 and 13 --- a quick 2nd gear run. My original Perrin map is a little tighter between 11.5 and 12.5 --- a longer 3rd gear run.

5. oldbrokenwind

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Been running 25PSI for about a year with a Jeff Perrin remote tune --- no problem. The pair of FCD's don't let the ECU know about the excess boost. But, there are other factors, like MAF, that won't match the ECU boost readings. That's why I was pushing hard for another dyno run.

I'm still not running my new map --- trying to get used to the new turbo. When I switch to the new map, what do you think I should be watching out for? What will a "bad" AFR cause? Think I should data log a quick run to check AFR?

6. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    If AFR means Air/Fuel Ratio, then a lean AFR would be bad and could cause a melted piston.

7. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I loved my access port on my Subaru.

8. oldbrokenwind

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Just finished trying to datalog the AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio). Also just found out that AFR is not available on the AP.

Is there some way, other than another dyno run, to monitor or calculate the AFR? Or maybe some other measurement to evaluate this characteristic?

9. Nine5raptor

Nine5raptor New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Should be able to log Afr with the AP. I can see it on mine.

Will be labeled 'Lambda(AFR)'