Engine Drivetrain 1st Gen Cooper S Operation RMW fast

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by R35P3CT, Oct 24, 2010.

1. R35P3CT

R35P3CT New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Student/Line Service Tech
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    well funny story................kinda

Recieved a phone call from MINI service this afternoon, in my head I was like "YAY" hopefully they fixed it. and yes the good news is, it runs fine now, starts without hitch everytime.

now for the bad news........when I decided to be all fancy and powder coat my motor mount, I forgot that i needed bare metal to be touching the block as well as the ground tab for that one grounding strap on the pass side.:mad2:

I made sure to grind off the powder coat on that tab, but it didnt even cross my mind that this is grounding to the block. so after about 10 hours of the techs diagnosing the situation, they moved the ground to a spot that is working better.

basically no one to be mad at but myself. guess i will know for the next time...and hopefully someone that wants to powder coats them will read this and know.

2. R35P3CT

R35P3CT New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    now two things left will be to get a tune, and then figure a way to quiet it down a little.

I never posted pics here, but decided to get a race header from Jan:
    [​IMG]

with the way it fit, i had to remove the resonator in my mid pipe, so now the drone is just annoying. I dont really want to buy a new system tho, so maybe i can just find a smaller resonator to fit

3. HRM

HRM New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am surprised the bolt didn't ground the wire enough. Glad to see you are moving forward.

4. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I bet that is loud. My ears hurt just looking at the picture!

I bet it's fast as hell though.

I only have the street header, and that was too loud with a magnaflow muffler up front, straight pipe, and Magnaflow in the back (JCW twin cans went on the back yesterday, can't wait to pick the car up this afternoon). I loved the sound with the straight pipe, and if I trailered my car, I'd keep it the way it is.

Post what you decide to throw on there--Jan has recommended Coastfab in the past; they're worth giving a call, great people to talk to.

5. R35P3CT

R35P3CT New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    put my new wheels on today finally:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fronts rub a little on the fender, so it might change

6. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Pffft just add some more camber up front and the rub will go away. Besides, additional front camber is always a good thing ! :D

Car looks really good. I think MINIs are one of the few cars that can actually pull off white wheels.

7. R35P3CT

R35P3CT New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    haha, ya. it only rubs when i hit a bump. guess its just too low. i might invest in some coilovers and lift it up a tiny bit..

8. R35P3CT

R35P3CT New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    and i am really glad i decided to go white.

9. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Seriously, add some camber. If you are at the stock 0, then you are missing out on a lot of turning fun! What are the specs on the wheels ?

White or red mirror caps now....chrome = :eek: