1st Gen R50 Cooper Optional equipment codes, R50 Cooper.

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by M1N1, Jan 19, 2014.

1. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    Can anybody help me with the following optional equipment codes: S692A, preparation BMW 6-cd changer I-bus, and S895A, additional fan. I used the link in the "How was your Mini equipped at factory" thread, on the Mini Stuff forum, to research my car. This link gave me all of the data relevant to my Mini (build date, standard/optional equipment codes, etc.). Most of the code explanations told me what I wished to know, with the exception of the 2 mentioned. I tried to find out more using a google search, but no luck.

I have only recently become a Mini owner (within the last 8 months), and I want to know as much about the Cooper as I can. Love that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be a dedicated VW owner, and I was looking for another when I saw an '07 Cooper on the lot. I've always liked the new Minis, but did not think that I would ever be able have one. Just for the heck of it, I took a good look at the Mini, but the salesman told me that a guy was just completing the paperwork to buy the car. By then, thoughts of buying another VW had gone out of the window!!!! I was truly bitten by the bug (no pun intended). Then I saw what would become my own Chili Red '06 when doing a google search for Minis for sale in NW Ohio. When I test drove the low mileage, as new Cooper, my wife accused me of drooling!:drool

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    This is a fiber optic cable that goes into the boot allowing you to install a MINI 6cd changer. I used that cable to hook a Blitzsafe adapter & an XM direct radio to the head unit.

Don't know what the other one is.

3. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    I have searched just about every site that I can think of, and still cannot find out what "S895A, Zusatzlufter, Additional fan" is.

Anyone have any idea, cos this is bugging the living carp out of me. Yes, I know that it is totally anal, but what can I tell you:crazy:

4. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
  5. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    rkw,

googled S895A til my fingers hurt, and only found the general answers for that code, but no specifics. Didn't think of real.oem:eek:

6. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    You need to improve your search skills. I literally did only ONE search for S895A and both links appeared in the results on the first page. Quickly scanning down the list, "BMW" appeared in one result and "REALOEM" appeared in another, and it was clear which links to check out. I was done in barely over a minute.