1st Gen R53 Cooper S P101F Fault code?

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Synper, Dec 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Synper

Synper New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Two nights in a row my 2005 MCS had a hard time starting. The car would turnover slow,the dash lights would blink,and parking lights would flash. The service engine soon light came on and stayed on,but the car started and ran fine. The next morning the car started fine and the SES light was out. Later that night I try to start the car and the same thing happens that happened the night before, but the SES light has been on for two days now. I took the car to Autozone to have the code checked they get one, P101F. I looked in the code library, it showed Mass or volume air flow circuit range/performance. I was expecting a battery problem, the way it was acting. Has anyone had this problem or know what the fix is? Any help would be great.

2. Synper

Synper New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anybody,anything. HELP

3. k-huevo

k-huevo Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Pipe Creek, Texas
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    That's not a standard MINI fault code. Most likely a ground is loose, or a failing battery.

4. RayanMX

RayanMX New Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  5. k-huevo

k-huevo Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Pipe Creek, Texas
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    An 05 has a MAP rather than MAF. In the case of a mass air flow/volume fault the crankshaft pulley would be one of the suspects, but the hard to start and light blinking symptoms point elsewhere. Usually the car will start OK, but generate a code & limp mode when rpm increases, also there was an operating interval with no problem.

As with most long distance diagnostics, there are always omissions of critical detail. I suggest the OP locate a BMW code compatible reader to extract the code.

6. Synper

Synper New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys for all your help.