Exterior 1st Gen Most liked posts in thread: Part Number for Antenna Assembly

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried using the last 7 characters of your VIN when using RealOEM. It helps to weed out items that will not work with your car.

With No Nav, No H/K, No telephone and No Bluetooth I'm coming up with 65-20-6-985-714

2. M^Cubed

M^Cubed Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nate - trying out the VIN number search.

3. JCC

JCC New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Installation Manager
    Sachse, Texas
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Off topic, but which aftermarket stubby is that? Looks like the Ultrik 2 5/8" from MINI Mania that I'm wanting to move to.

4. M^Cubed

M^Cubed Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    JCC - it is the ultrik. of all the designs out there, it was my favorite (not including the brand spanking new "MINI" brand stubby)

It is anodized black and has faded to a bronze/brown color. I am thinking of having it powder coated to match the plastic or replacing it with the new MINI version if it becomes readily available.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that's the Ultrik, mine faded to the same bronze/brown-ish color.

6. JCC

JCC New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Installation Manager
    Sachse, Texas
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How is the antenna other than its tendency to fade? Maybe I'll just get the WMW stubby antenna. I just talked to our MINI of Dallas parts desk and it sounds like the MINI stubby antenna is available. She just hasn't gotten any in yet. She said they're around $33. She's going to try to send me a scan of the bulletin and I'll try to share soon.

7. M^Cubed

M^Cubed Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Let me know if you get a part number for the stubby - I'd like to purchase one too

8. JCC

JCC New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Installation Manager
    Sachse, Texas
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #9 JCC, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

A little pricy at around $33 retail. I'm not sure what they're made of, but Sheri at MINI of Dallas has some on order for stock and for people who have asked her for them. I would assume rubberized as opposed to billet.

I believe there is also one available for earlier models. Not sure how much those are. She's checking. I would assume they would be simliar looking to the above. Is that the one you were thinking about?

I'll ask about the part number of what they have available.

EDIT: I didn't get the part number, but I did find out that this one works for any MINI model. Please doublecheck with your dealer to be sure, but that's what I understood. Maybe it comes with some kind of adaptor for anything prior to '07.

9. M^Cubed

M^Cubed Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    That is the one - thanks

10. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I switched back to the OEM a couple years ago (one of the few who actually prefer the RC car look) so I'm working on vague memories and don't even remember whether I noticed a difference in reception.

To me the strange thing about the Ultrik is that above the cone-shaped base it seems really thin for a stubby antenna at only about 3/16" diam. Minus the threads, it's only 2.5" long. Call it the minimalist option.

11. JCC

JCC New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Installation Manager
    Sachse, Texas
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I didn't get the part number, but I did find out that this one works for any MINI model. Please doublecheck with your dealer to be sure, but that's what I understood. Maybe it comes with some kind of adaptor for anything prior to '07.

Thanks for the info. The Ultrik does look a little out of proportion, I agree. I want to see it personally to be sure.