Parts from MAG

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by B.A.D., Oct 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Everyone has their own take. What was good for one might not necessarily be good for another. Everyone's opinion does count. I'm glad you are happy with the folks at MAG, maybe they are already improving. Could that be the power of the internet working? I know Sam used to follow our little corner of M/A. Maybe Mike is too.

Back on topic MAG parts credit....

2. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    That's great that Mike gets it, but I would prefer to not have to talk him. Sam is a great guy and he got it as well. However, if I had to go to him it was usually because of a situation with a SA.

Sounds like all of your experiences with MAG service has been all kittens and rainbows, but your opinions and your experiences are not the only ones that count. Let's start a poll of all of MoM and extended MoM members that use or have used MAG and get a more realistic view. Let's throw in the sales side as well. I'm pretty sure you won't have enough time to go fact check every single bad experience.

3. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    I agree. However, I shouldn't have had to escalate my issue to him, but it was what it was and is resolved to everyone's' satisfaction now. He did tell me that he wants to use bad experiences as a learning/training opportunity for his staff, which is an awesome way to do it. Not take it out on the staff for what may have just been a misunderstanding or miscommunication as that is a good way to lose a good staff and loyal customers.

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I'm a little confused here....

I always get one of those crazy MINI / Dealer surveys where you rate the visit experience....

The one where if you don't mark them as all 10's "Exceptional", someone gets chewed out....

Did that feedback system get discontinued?

I know it's a fake system.... I always give them 10's... But then I've never been treated bad there...

But then again.... Maybe the 10's are working for me... Heh Heh

5. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I provide my honest feedback, because things won't change if people aren't honest on things like that. I have also called out when I have received service that is beyond what I would expect.

6. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Well as far as those surveys go I try to help them out. I know those scores are huge for the service dept. Anything less than 10 is a fail. :rolleyes: How can they possibly improve if all their surveys are 10's?

I had always given them 10's. One service I had there was terrible (SA related), but being a nice guy I gave them all 10's. I also wrote a letter with my survey explaining how I was treated & naming the name of the offending party. The then service manager (before Sam) had the balls to call & b!tch me out about my survey. He told me because of my letter the survey was kicked down to all zeros & that I had cost him money. Then he tells me I should have told him about my issues, truth be told I did & they fell on deaf ears.

Never had any problems that Sam couldn't fix. I hope Mike is going to follow in Sam's footsteps.

Back on topic.....

How many donuts gets me your parts credit Brian. :donut1::donut1::donut1:

7. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    I guess I am in Mark's camp, as I have never had a bad experience at MAG...neither with their sales staff nor with those in the service area. They always squeeze me in when I need fast service, and are very accommodating when I need to make an appointment for service. For me, they are close by at around 65 miles away. I don't think I can get the same service from most in the Dayton area who are MINI qualified except one and he does my tech checks and brake fluid changes. I trust his work. That said, though, I'll still continue to patronize MAG as they are "good folk". Like Mark said, I, too, am a happy camper.

8. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I'm happy with MAG and I'm done with this thread. Bye bye now!

9. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    For the service call that ended in me speaking with Michael, I actually didn't get a survey. I had to go to the website and use the site feedback and I took a little time after my visit to cool off and wrote a well worded complaint instead of an expletive laden tirade. My issue got resolved and I'm happy with the results. Sometimes you just have to go a little higher to get resolution. Works the same way at my job, sometimes you just have to go a little higher to get the proper results.

With that said, I have a high opinion of MAG. No matter how awesome a business is, sometimes there are bumps in the road. You just gotta roll with it.

As for B.A.Ds credit, just talk to em, maybe they will work with you. I don't see why they wouldn't. The worst thing they can do is say no. If no is the case, I'm sure you can make a deal with one of the fine gentlemen around here to help recoup some of your $170.

10. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that I have ever had an experience that wasn't resolved in a mutally agreeable way at MAG. I find that MAG Service is for the most part what I would expect from a service department that services premium cars (you will always have some associates/staff that aren't great communicators, best intrepertors of company policy, or who don't have great social skills). My intent of this thread was not to complain about them not moving the credit over, but instead to offer to help club members get parts or accessories that they might need/want at potentially a discounted price. Obviously there is something in it for me (recouping some money that will otherwise go unused).

I called and left Mike a voicemail today, so we will see what happens (if someone hasn't already tried to have me blacklisted). If Mike tells me that they can't transfer it over, I'll be fine with it and my offer will stand to all of you.

11. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    17 oil filters FTW. They make great stocking stuffers for Christmas. Problem solved. :smilewinkgrin:

Back on topic....

Kittens & rainbows :)

12. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    One the first day of Christmas, B.A.D. sold to me....one R53 oil filter

13. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    LOL, not a bad idea!

14. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    On the second day of Christmas, Bad gave to me two kittens and rainbows and a R53 oil filter...

15. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Since I hadn't heard anything back from Mike yet and it was a slow day in the office, I drove over to MAG at lunch. Met Mike and he was fine with working with the VW parts department on the credit. We went in to his office and he called the parts guy at VW and explained the situation. Now I just need to work with this guy to get some stuff ordered.

Mike does seem like a nice guy and was disappointed that the SA I spoke with gave me such a quick "No" response.

* Mike thought he had replied back to my original email last and felt bad that I hadn't received it

16. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    So...Rainbows and kittens?

17. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

18. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    That's awesome! Glad to hear it worked out in your favor.

19. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Good news Brian! :Thumbsup:

No rainbow, but here's a cat..... :)

[​IMG]

20. Nathan

Nathan Founder