Parts Shortages? BMW has Supply Chain Breakdown

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Nathan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Rab, I think both Outmotoring and E-Mini parts have them in stock.

2. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mark!

3. droogieuk

droogieuk New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Supercharger Shortage

Took my Mini Cooper S to main dealer on Jan 15th because I had noises coming from the Supercharger. I was told that it would take about 10 days to get the parts and replace the Supercharger.I am now being told that because of the problems with "orders regenerating" in the supply warehouse in Germany, that the part won't be available until April 19th. Then it will be 7-10 days before it gets to UK and then there is the fitting time. So I have been without my car since Jan 15th, I have raised this with MiniUK and they are still using the shortage of spares as their excuse. Having searched the internet, I now know that this is not a recent problem that Mini have been experiencing.Not sure what my next car will be!!!

4. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Yes same here in the US. Needed a wheel speed sensor for my father in laws Paceman and it took a week to get it from Germany.

5. Angib

Angib New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    (Old) England
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    It's weird that BMW seem to be having are having all these stock control problems again.

I was told that the parts hiatus last summer was because BMW introduced new stock control software but in the process had managed to lose all the existing stockholding records, so they no longer knew what was 'on the shelves' in their warehouses.

They need to take their stock control guys round the back of the warehouse, line them up against the wall and take some executive action, don't they?

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Maybe they just need to make better cars that don't need to be fixed so often because they use cheap plastic parts. (Thermostat housing)