Paul Gravel back with MINI Team Octane for 2013 season

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    (Montréal, Québec, Canada) – Team Octane is pleased to announce that Paul Gravel, will be back with Team Octane for his second season with the team. Paul will once again be behind the wheel of the #48 LDS Dyno MINI Cooper S JCW in the Touring class.

“I can’t wait for this season to get going†mentions Gravel. “I had a great rookie first season last year. It will be hard to duplicate our third place finish in the championship as we anticipate the competition to be even fiercer in 2013. I’m looking forward to being back in Canadian Touring Car, and to keep improving my performance in each session.â€

Gravel’s crew-chief, the experienced René Lacasse, co-owner of LDS Dyno in St-Hyacinthe with his brother Michel, has also confirmed his renewed partnership to lead Paul behind the radio and act as his crew-chief in 2013. “We are super-happy to see Paul and René back with Team Octane for a second year. Paul only started driving on a race track 3 years ago and he has truly impressed us last year. His consistency was rivaled by none and this helped him finish as well as he did last year in the point standings by always finishing his races, in a championship that rewards consistency†mentions Octane`s Team Principal Alain Lauzière.

LDS Dyno, Assurances Luc Pépin, Excell Porcs, Équipements JA Inc., Lettrage Guy Fournier, Hénault Assurances will support Paul and the Team in 2013. Team partners also include MINI Canada through their generous contingency program, MINI GENUINE PARTS, Castrol, Bully Clutch, Revolution MINI Works, Perry Auto, Carrosserie Touchette, La Clinique du Pneu Granby, Lettrage Raoul, ASG Accessoire de Soudure Granby, SoCal Sport Cars and Carbotech Brakes.

The 2013 season of the Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Continental tire will start on May 18-19 at Canadian Tire Motorsport (formerly known as Mosport ) where everyone is anxious to see the numerous improvements built to the facility since the end of last year. The track located north of Bowmanville, Ontario will host the Victoria Day Speedfest. The Championship competes throughout 7 weekends of racing. Details are available at CTCC: Canadian Touring Car Championship.

Team Octane competes in the Touring Class of the championship and is looking forward to repeat their 2007 and 2009 Championship Seasons. The team will field four Touring class entries in the 2013 CTCC championship. Éric Lacouture has been previously confirmed to drive with the team. Expect further announcements before the season about the remaining team drivers and sponsors.

2. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I am going to try and check out CTCC this year. Go Team Octane!