Phil Wicks at Laguna Seca 11/17/2010

Discussion in 'Track Days & HPDE's' started by xalfa, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    #21 Nitrominis, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
    Laguna Seca events using the track has always been pricey. This should not really reflect on Phil Wicks. Track use fee's must be paid and he still has to make it worth his time. The slot opening for mid week is actually the least expensive for this type event offered by Laguna Seca.
    Montery County is not cheap to live in

Jim the Historic MINI event IMO was not in the best advertised fashion? I was told and read that you had to preregister or you would not be allowed to enter the MINI area. Sad but I was very busy with Motion MINIs at the time and did not register. Funny when I got there they were letting anyone with a MINI park in the area? That may be why you did not get to run the track? To many MINIs for safety and time scheduling?I saw that happen to you and many others that really wanted to go on the track. Myself I only had my MINI key but it got me a free lunch and other appreciations.:Thumbsup:
    Top vendor of that day was M7

2. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Laguan is expensive...

no matter the day. But it costs to run on the corkscrew!

Matt

3. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I spoke to Phil Wicks on the phone two weeks ago. He stated that the Wednesday November 10th Laguna Seca fee is $16,500.00. The $350.00 they are asking for our participation is a drop in the bucket for the opportunity to gain knowledge from him and to drive that racetrack. The fees for a day-long event at Laguna Seca through Skip Barber can be at least tripple, or more, the fee Phil is seeking. Additionally, there is a huge chance that his event will not become a reality unless we as MINI owners step up and express the interest to go and participate. Wednesday is a tough day for most for sure. But as stated above, that's the least expensive part of the week. It is what was available for this event and Phil siezed the opportunity on our behalf.

Phil encourages everyone, even remotely thinking they will attend the event, to contact them via email at [email protected] and submit an entry form. Or, they may be reached by phone at 803-699-4691 or 314-330-6449. More info is available @ Mini Driving. No fees need to be paid yet, as it is still unclear if the event will come off. If it does, fees will be collected accordingly.

Spread the good word and Lets ALL Motor! :beer

4. xalfa

xalfa New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This has been canceled due to insufficient registrations. Weak sauce, people. :nonod:

He may try to do something in the spring at Laguna.