Pittsburgh area Mini repair recommendations?

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by dmeader, Dec 14, 2014.

1. dmeader

dmeader New Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! I'm new to Motoring Alliance - nice site! I have a 2003 MCS that is stranded in Pittsburgh. Looking for a good repair person in the Pittsburgh area. Some sort of electrical problem (car shut down completely while on the highway :incazzato:).

I'd prefer to use a local repair guy instead of one of the Mini dealers. I saw a few listed on "minirepairshops.com" - Paul's Motor Car Service, Foreign Fix, McB Autosport, Foreign Traffic and Leon's International Car Service. Anyone had experience with any of these? OR, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Sounds like it could be a crankshaft dampener/pulley. Someone from Pittsburgh will be along to help you. Here's a bump to keep you up on the list.

3. TG.

TG. Active Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't go to MCB Autosport if you're in a rush. They're great with mechanical stuff but they aren't that familiar with European cars to deal with BMW MINIs electrical system. On top of it they're a little weird to work with. Nice guys but communication isn't always smooth or clear :p

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    This MINI person needs another bump. Folks?