Planning a Zorbing run. Any interest?

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 8 (April 28 - May 2, 2010)' started by MINIBee, Oct 12, 2009.

1. MINIBee

MINIBee New Member

May 4, 2009
    Senior Video Producer, St. Petersburg Times
    Tampa, FL
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I'm working with Snooter to plan a Zorbing run. This will be a drive from the end of the Dragon Parade on Friday to the Foothills Parkway and into Pigeon Forge for Zorbing. Pigeon Forge currently is the only place in North America where you can go Zorbing.

On the way back we'll stop in Townsed at the Back Porch Restaurant for lunch (yummy), then come back on the FHP and the Dragon. The whole trip will be about 7 hours.

If you're wondering what Zorbing is, think giant hamster ball for humans. I took my kids there over Spring Break. Check out the video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQ6qV_8zgk"]YouTube - Zorbing in Pigeon Forge[/ame]

I'm working on group rates with a limit of 25 people on this run. Reply if you're interested so I can determine if there will be enough interest for this. Official sign up will be on Snooter's Draon site once the plans are finalized. More info on Zorbing is HERE.

2. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That looks kind of dangerous and nauseating. I get sick on merry go rounds. Never in a car or plane though, oddly enough.

3. Diablita

Diablita MINI of the Month

Aug 17, 2009
    Security Company owner
    Southern California - North Coastal San Diego Coun
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am so totally IN!! :yikes: I added this to my Bucket List earlier this year when I saw it on the travel channel ..... Woooo Hooooo! Absolutelty 100% in ... geeze ... this may be the BIG push to make me put MOTD in my calendar in INK, not just pencil!! I am sure there will be plenty of other MINI adrenaline junkies out there that will want to do this too!!

4. MINIBee

MINIBee New Member

May 4, 2009
    Senior Video Producer, St. Petersburg Times
    Tampa, FL
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    OK, I guess that means you're in! :lol:

5. tedbone72p

tedbone72p New Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Physician Assistant
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a great time! How many people do you have so far? You can add 2 more for myself and my friend.

6. Snooter

Snooter Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Canton, NC
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    at this time, the Zorbing Event is not going to happen. MINIBee was kind enough to help and bring back the Zip Line Event and was not able to lead both drives.

But if someone wants to step up and lead this drive, I'd be more than happy to add it to the event schedule :D