1st Gen R50 Cooper Poco

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by lotsie, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    #1 lotsie, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    Let me introduce Poco. He is an April built 03, Canadian spec. BRG/W.

Factory;
    Cold Weather
    Sport Suspension
    Regular guy bells and whistles.

Mods;
    Front mud flaps
    Way/DDM intake
    Engine damper
    SS brake lines
    Megan catback exhaust
    aux. input

I bought him off the lot from MINI Winnipeg. He had 13 kms(8 miles or so) on his speedo when I test drove him, so I was the first one to take him off the lot. He still had some of the protective plastic covering on. I took him home the next day:D

At the time I was commuting over 100 miles a day, 95% highway. So in his first 3 years he racked up 90k miles. During his second winter, with 40k miles, his axle seal froze, it was -45C(-50F) that day, dumping fluid out of his Midlands tranny. That was replaced with a new(not rebuilt) Midlands, which so far is holding up very well. When it does decided to shoot craps, I see a 6 speed Getrag going in him.

Since moving to the St.Louis area, 3 years ago this fall, he now puts on in a month,

less miles than he would do in a week. He now has a little over 105,000 miles.

Some early pics;
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Same place different season
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mark

2. kok13

kok13 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poco is still looking good after all those miles and harsh winters. It must be all the TLC.:)

3. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    What front brace is that? I thought there was hood clearance issues with Coopers and braces?

4. Ofioliti

Ofioliti New Member

May 9, 2009
    Professor
    ... always curious
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Justacoopers look great! Very classic look. And Poco's a beauty! :D

5. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    It's an Aultec (sp) Took it off our Cabrio when we traded it in for our Clubbie.

There was a slight clearance issue when I first put it on, but the bonnet blanket has taken on the shape, so no issue. The only reason I installed it was because it was free, I don't really think it does much.

Mark