Poor DE Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Track Days & HPDE's' started by Nathan, Sep 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. btwdriver

btwdriver New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I will give the driver 2 or 3 corners to do the right thing and let me by. If that doesn't work, I start to ratchet up the aggression level. First I start with riding 2 feet off their bumper, then I will start coming along side half a car length coming into and out of the brake zones. Eventually one of us gets black flagged or they give it up.

I'm not saying that it's right... but it definitely works. :)

2. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Is funny that the more experienced the driver the quicker the point by.....lol

3. btwdriver

btwdriver New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That is really how it should be. They have more time on the track so they are more aware of their surroundings and should see the driver closing on them from several corners back. That and most of the egos are checked before entering the track, at least most of them...

4. mini_racer

mini_racer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    This method works. While I do not get this aggressive in my pressure increase. Incrementally increasing the pressure usually gets the point across and saves you from having to take a stroll thru pit lane.

It is also fun to give an early point and then hang with the faster car as long as you can.

5. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Does piss me off though when you easily run someone down and they pull the horsepower block on you down the straights.... had a Corvette doing that to me at RA and found it very satisfying when the head instructor chewed his ass in the next class. He told him that that Mini was not beamed onto his back bumper and to let the lower HP cars by on the straights because if they caught him, they are running faster lap times and will pull away. Next session he did and I did pull away.... ;)

6. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It's funny ... I was getting my check ride on Saturday to move from Yellow Solo to Red, and the one complaint/suggestion I got from the instructor was that I was "too close" to other cars and wasn't leaving myself "enough of an out."

I understood what he meant, but when you're clearly fast than another car and he won't give you the point, you gotta press him a little bit.