MINI Most liked posts in thread: Poor MINI sales

1. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Can start with the horrific "prince" engine legacy that I think still has not been overcome. Then throw in targeting GenX with all that quirkiness when they don't care about cars and top it off with those Ron Popeil Vegomatic Side Graters on the GP3. Lets not forget that the Slushomatic comes with the Vegomatic as well.

Most that see my 12 year old car think it is only a couple years old. Other than the typical Gen1 rattles, the car handles and performs quite well. Well enough that if BMW pulled the plug tomorrow I would not lament that I never bought a current one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Noted today that the new MINI hatch 60th Anniversary model is now being discounted $2000 contact your dealer, I guess folks were not to thrilled with the decals. I kinda liked it but never looked to see how it was priced out. I suspect around 50K.

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    About once a month we get a letter from the dealer wanting us to trade my wife's convertible for a new one. They are offering good money for her Mini.

5. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    Maybe MINI Marketing needs to focus on marketing better MINIs rather than promoting the "MINI Lifestyle". I'm not sure how Urban-X is going to draw my attention to getting a new MINI or updating my current MINI.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Base price is low enough $22,000 to attract entry level buyers but some of the other models are pretty pricey and go up in price quick.. The cuteness has worn off over the 17 years.. but then again it's not the same small little car anymore....I still say they should have left the "Cooper" alone and done whatever they wanted with other models to have kept it like the classic did for years of being the same car and little changes. Lets see who else has done that and has a HUGE following and aftermarket presence.. Miata....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    I get the same thing from my dealer to trade my Helmet clone on a new JCW, not happening.

8. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    No matter how MINI / BMW tries to spin this they are failing bad.

The new GP will be a flop as an automatic just like the GP 2 did not come in a special color like the original GP.

BMW is going for pure profits and nothing more as the MINI is no longer unique or “NOT NORMAL” it has just become a poor quality not reliable car that is not much different then what other manufacturers are selling.

If you are a “waver” start waving goodbye....... :p:rolleyes::D