Feedback Post Site Migration Comments and Issues Here

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Sully, Jan 10, 2018.

1. gjxj

gjxj Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Oh I see. I didn't think to scroll way down the page. If you are designing stuff on a big monitor be sure to consider what it looks like on a small one.

2. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Understood and I appreciate the feedback. I'm working on adding a button so it doesn't take any extra clicks. However there are ways to see new post from the top.. but it's via the "Hamburger".. see this "How Do I" I just started. I'll be working on adding to this.
    https://www.motoringalliance.com/threads/different-ways-to-see-new-post-and-content-you-are-watching.30317/

I will be adding more, specifically:
    1) New post from the "Home Page"
    2) New post when not on mobile
    3) How to get to "Your Feed" on mobile and on full screen
    4) Additional ways to filter

3. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Good catch, I had added in the "Mark" numbers and didn't even think about the Chassis numbers. I'm not overly familiar with Classics at that level. I did some quick searching and there seems to be a quite a few chassis numbers (and some active discussion of what is where when). Do you think it would be valuable to add all the chassis numbers or "Classic Mini" as a catch all? Very open to how you feel it would be best to do this as I want to make this Classic Mini friendly and valuable. :Notworthy:

4. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    As a temporary fix I made three changes:
    1) Removed "MINI" so its just Chassis Code
    2) Added "Classic Mini" its currently at the bottom of the list. Once I have your feedback on if we should do all the codes or if "classic" is fine I will update and put it at the top like the rest of the selections. (I did this as I would have to redo the array completely when I make that change so Ideally I only do it once. :)
    3) Also realized I don't have "other" so I added that also.

Again - thanks for the feedback.. appreciate it.

5. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My guess is that the Mark numbers in the previous field are sufficiently specific. As you previously observed, the actual scope of classic chassis is large and somewhat open to interpretation. As the vast majority of members here will be primarily of the BMW MINI ilk it's probably not worth the effort to go into such detail for the classics. I'd just stick with the catch-all category.

Appreciate your thoughtful responsiveness.

6. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Trying to update my Garage and want to include the date. Previously used the "History" section as shown below. Your "default" info, under my "title", isn't available to me. I can't figure out how to edit the "Apr 22, 2017" info, or where it came from. Rest of the garage has been updated. Educate me?

MINI OldBrokenWind's R56
    oldbrokenwind · Oct 18, 2012 · Updated Apr 22, 2017
    Make:
    MINI
    History:
    Updated Jan 2018. Bought the car used in 2010 just to build it up. Had 36K on it. Five years later, it has 88K. I'm calling it "One of, if not THE baddest R56 in the USA". Dyno tuned at Cobb by Alta (Jeff Perrin). Chart can be viewed at www.accessecu.com/dyno - Cobb's Surgeline facility. Also have Manic stage 4. Latest chart is included in pics.

7. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    So I just tried to click update/notify on mine expecting it would update the dates.. doesn’t. So now I need to do some research. Also, I notice the “links” below MINI OldBrokenWind’s R56 and they look really odd. So I’m researching that to. Thanks for bringing this up. :Blackeye:

8. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    So if I look at Gil-lalad’s update to his Classic Mini, it looks like that functionality is working.. so now I need to why its not for you.

19951903-833B-406F-97C8-16A878B37519.jpeg

9. tsmetjen

tsmetjen Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -0
    I’m using tapatalk pro on ipad pro and each link i click in the how to section result in an empty page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

10. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Hmm.. I’ll have to test that. Let me look into this. Thanks for reporting it!

11. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    @tsmetjen
    Ok - so I don’t really use Tapatalk that often. When I tested I received the same error you did. One thing I noticed (or couldn’t figure out) is how to get to the “top” menu items. I.e. Articles, Media, Garages... Can you?

12. tsmetjen

tsmetjen Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -0
    Nope

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

13. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    hmm.. ok, I’ll have to look at that.

14. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    While updating my garage, I noticed three choices for the car --- Classic, MINI, or Other. Some people distinguish between "MINI" and "Mini". I don't know the difference and have been using the terms interchangeably. Is it intended for those of us with a "Mini" (and know the difference) to use the "Other" selection and type "Mini" in the space?

And my date of update still isn't changing automatically --- something else I need to do, to make it work?

15. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I believe Mini is a classic and MINI is the new ones

16. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    The three choices are supposed to corilate to:
    1) Classic Mini - Pre “BMW”.
    2) MINI - BMW based
    3) Other - other vehicles outside of Classic Mini and MINI. I.e. your Porsche, Yugo, Triumph, MG, Jag.. etc.

What’s interesting is in the US it appears we do the Classic Mini, MINI to designate. It seems like in the UK its either Mini or BMW Mini (they don’t seem to use the caps.. from what I’ve seen. Does that make sense?

Regarding the “update” question - I’m still researching this. There is something a little odd with the “your” links. By that I mean if you click on the dates in your original post on this thread it takes you to an error page. Not sure why that is. Still researching.

17. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    @Dave.0 - so I changed the navigation process. Now when you click on a link in the top, you will see a secondary bar.
    New.JPG
    You will note, you can also go to the content you are "watching" also
    Once you click on "New Post" it will take you to this page.. from there that will be like a the "new" page. A few items to note here:
    1) This is based on "you"... i.e. Items "you" have not already looked at. That means once you look at the new post/thread and you come back here it won't show up anymore as its not "new" to you anymore.
    NewPage.JPG
    I'm working on removing some of the "new" options.. unless you think we should keep them. For example, New Showcase Reviews, Comments etc. Those are available in the side bar and members are not actively using them yet. Plus I need to do some tweaking there. I don't think we need to have both a "comments" section and discussion "section" for Garage, etc.. instead we will just use the "Discussion" section so all the comments and discussion are in the same spot. Thoughts?

I'm also working to make a static link in the top Navbar..

18. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    @tsmetjen So this appears to be how tapatalk is setup, i.e. it only shows the forums. I'm researching to see if there is a way to show articles etc. Essentially when you click on that link from tapatalk, it is trying to take you to the articles page.. which tapatalk either doesn't support or there is some sort of setting I need to figure out. working on this.

19. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Ok - so I have a link right next to Forums that is called "new".. its not 100% the way I want it to be, but I wanted to get it up there so you can use it and provide feedback. Ultimately, I'm going to change the home page to be more "new" focused and split it from Articles.. since essentially they are the same page currently. Let me know if the "new" page link makes things a little easier for you and your thoughts.

Note this will also work on Mobile. If you click on the hamburger (menu icon) it will be there also.

20. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    @oldbrokenwind - did above make sense? Also, regarding the “update” for garages, I’m still researching that. Seems to work in some cases and not in others. Not sure why that is.