Praise the Lord and buy some ammunition!!!

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by goaljnky, Oct 16, 2009.

1. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Full story:
    Governor signs ammunition bill - LA Daily News

ORLY? I don't remember the store clerk photocopying my ID and storing it in a database the last time I bought my 750ml bottle of Patron Silver and a stogy.

This one is just full of priceless quotes:

Hmm, what about the firing pin? The trigger assembly? How about an actual human being to pull that trigger?

2. hahaha. thats cuz you obviously (probably) look 21 or over. and the Govna', if i can recall correctly from the news, said that to buy a gun you need to give the seller your finger prints alongside your name and address and registration etc etc.

i think the fingerprints is a really good idea, as i t will tighten up security on gun laws and gun crimes. kudos to the terminator.

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna start pouring lead bullets and reloading again. Screw'em.

And if they regulate primers, I'll go muzzleloader. Makes a bigger hole in the target, anyway.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    What you fail to see is the real deep meaning in these types of laws. Criminals will still find ways to be armed. As I see it the intent of these types of laws are to try and disarm the populace.

These types of laws make it more difficult for the law abiding citizen to obtain arms and ammunition. They also add a layer of complexity to the retailer. Records have to be kept by the retailer and made accessible by law enforcement. In turn this is going raise prices artificially in California forcing people to seek alternatives. If I was a gun shop owner in AZ, NV and OR I'd be sending the gov a very nice gift basket. The poor Cali based gun shop owner will take in less revenue due to reduced sales possibly costing jobs and affecting the Cali tax base in a negative manner.

But then again the budget in Cali is a laughing matter anyway.

5. so these gun laws will actually hurt the finance of the gun shop owners and will make cali more vulnerable to out-of-state gun attacks? lol.

6. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Well, based on statistics from regions that have tried it there certainly is very little evidence that it will prevent crime. Certainly me having to wait five days for my target pistol had no effect on the most recent shooting in Pacoima. Just as me having to give my thumb print will have absolutely no effect on a criminals ability to obtain ammo.

7. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Yes, because the only ones getting guns "legally", are those of us that are not criminals.......
    I agree with some gun laws, but a lot of them just make it harder for us, the good guys. :mad2:

8. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Look to DC or New York or Chicago if you want to see what happens when only the criminals have guns...

9. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I so hate California government. Bleepity bleep bleep bleep.

I have a nice stockpile of .45, thanks.

10. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    got any 12ga slugs? If so, send them my way....Wally-World has been out of stock since the '08 election.

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  12. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    good price. I bet shipping would kill that though.

Wally-World has 20pk Remington slugs for $13.99. Trick is knowing when they're in stock. They go quick. Can't shoot anything else at the range.

I bought a GSG-5PK for just this reason....$14 for 1000 rds :lol:

13. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Most of the gun laws are misguided efforts

to thwart crime. We really have cultural issues why we as a society keep blowing so many people away. There are countries with higher per capita gun ownership with much lower per capita firearm related death rates.

But then, most of the arguements about gun restriction are pretty twisted too. just another area where things in our country are all effed up.

And before Blimey starts saying I'm an NPR liberal, I'm also a gun owner (own ammo too!) ;)

Matt

14. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Here in Canada we have our beloved Gun Registry. It was brought in by the Liberal party (that's big L and little l liberal, if you know what I mean). Was supposed to cost $300-$400K. I think they stopped counting at $4B! What a joke, the people who want guns for illegal purposes get 'em and are free to stuff them down their shorts and carry them whereever they like. Law abiding citizens who own guns have to pay to register them. I think this was the brain child of the mouthpiece of the Liberals, the Communist Broadcasting Corp (aka CBC, Mothership) :mad2:

I don't even own a gun BTW

15. moreorless

moreorless New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    In a pile of sawdust.
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Ammo in our neck of the woods

is really tough to find. Get out and away from the metro areas and it can be a bit easier to find.

Here's an article of interest perhaps.

16. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    no, it's not of interest. It's on Faux News

17. BLUCOOPR

BLUCOOPR New Member

May 21, 2009
    Retired Truck Driver
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    All the shops, are out of ammunition here in NC, heard the bill was coming and we bought it all up and then some! We are ready to shut the government down if they keep getting and doing stupid things against its citizens!

18. moreorless

moreorless New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    In a pile of sawdust.
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Try reading the attribution, it's an AP article.

19. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    In the world of "conspircy" thoughts I would imagine the information and control by these amunition and gun regulations (laws) gives goverments ability of acurately knowing who has weapons and amunition in the "mass" public to allow madatory (forced)confiscation in the event of of a posible resistance to such things as laws such as requiring the swine flu shot?