PreWow..OctaneGuy's Newest Product is Near!!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Octaneguy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Many of you have been waiting in anticipation of my latest product, dubbed PW or PreWow. I gave away 40 samples at MITM/MTTS this past week and have performed countless demos.

Today the local independent BMW/MINI shop near me had acquired an 2002 M3 that needed some love. Let me show you what PW can do. (iPhone pix)

[​IMG]

Becomes this in a few seconds
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the residue and oxidation being obliterated here
    [​IMG]

Look at this sunroof
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PW is expected to be at your favorite retailer by the end of September. Stay tuned!

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, can't wait to try it.

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Take your time. No hurry. :lol:

4. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Richard, I'm in the middle of treating the Clubbie, you want me to post here, or start another thread on my take of Pre-Wow? I have some great pics to upload once I'm done.

Mark

5. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Post here is fine...we can always include them in the PW thread later. Up to you, doesn't really matter to me! Let's see!

Richard

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 1 / -0
    Richard......
    When would I use PW versus BW, and vice versa (I'm getting a little confused)? The biggest thing for me....... can I stop taping my black molding and not have to worry about the wax staining the trim?

7. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    PW means PreWow, aka, the pre cleaner before the Wow. The simple answer is YES!! You don't need to tape the trim anymore, however you will want to make sure that when you remove any stains, not to get it on the just waxed paint cause then you will need to wax that portion again. PW removes wax and polish.

PW gives a temporary enhancement/darkening to the things it treats, but it's not lasting. You still need BW for that.

However if your intent is just to remove/clean/making the plastic uniform, then PW will do that easier and better than anything else.

Richard

8. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 1 / -0
    Thanks....:D

9. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    #9 lotsie, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    I'm having issues with up loading photos.

It really does take visuals to get how good this product is. I must say though, this is a detailers dream:Thumbsup:. It works on plastic trim, paint, clear bra material, wheel spudge, interior plastic stuff, like doors, seals, so far pretty much any surface. My guess is would really clean glass real good.

I find you need to work at a good rate to get even coverage, and it took me 2 hours to "REALLY" clean, then apply BW. It comes out VERY even if you work it well, this is not a simple wipe on product. For me that is fine, my nose is in it, and I want things clean and even looking.

Great job Richard:Thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Mark

10. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    If you mix any of that stuff togeather will it blow up, or maybe actually get the soap scum of the bathroom tile? I have tried some of the products and they are great, so I will try more, but that is a boat load of stuff for a little car. :eek6:

Jim

11. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Lets give this a try.

Those are white paint spots. We got behind a line painting truck, and buddy between us and the truck insisted on driving on the fresh paint:rolleyes5::mad2::incazzato:

[​IMG]

Any picture of arches are from left to right, treated to untreaded.
    In this case, on the left is cleaned with pre-wow, then treated with black wow, center is just cleaned with pre-wow, and on the right is untreated.
    [​IMG]

The Pre-Wow worked great as a paint cleaner, and a trim cleaner.

Took that tar right off, no rubbing, just a dab to lift it.

[​IMG]

Mark

12. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Few more pics.

Hard to see, but the black looks like new left of center of the plate.
    [​IMG]

Done, except for that smudge where the pipe come out:incazzato::mad2::nonod::prrr::lol::D:beer
    [​IMG]

Mark

13. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Note on the application to wheel arches-I initially tried with a MF 4" round pad and it did not work that well. Richard used a small brush (= or about the same size as a toothbrush) and it powered out residual wax and polish like a charm

I have not used on other areas of the car but have no hesitation to do so

Good stuff!

14. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Mark, fantastic documentation. Thank you!!!! :D:D

Tim, yes the application tool makes all the difference on textured trim. When I was testing this latest formula, I loved how it worked in all situations, except for textured trim! And that was the most important. After doing more testing, the answer was obvious. Due to the texture of the trim, the wax/polish gets embedded in the pores, and the smooth nature of the microfiber applicator just can't effectively get into the pores. MF is great for safely removing dust and dirt. Looking at it microscopically you see thousands or millions of tubes that grab and lift dirt particles. Unfortunately, wax/polish residue isn't readily removed that way.

That's where the PW comes in, by initially softening the contamination, and using the firm toothbrush (which by the way I'm looking into getting custom brushes made), the bristles get into the pores breaking the contamination up and freeing it, the PW dissolves the smaller broken up particulates, and then you can wipe it away. I'm certain there are other effective tools besides the brush that I haven't yet discovered yet, but they are cheap and readily available.

Richard

15. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sorry off topic here, but what are those round pucks on either side of the license plate? Backup sensors?

16. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I used both, only needed the tooth brush for the real stubborn polish/wax stains. Used the brush on the black roof trim, and it worked great.

With the addition of this product, me thinks the life of a bottle of Black Wow will be much longer, as you don't use it as a cleaner.

Mark

17. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Those are covers for the rear firing machine guns:cornut:. (Actually they are the covers for the MINI Fini sport links that our hitch goes into.)

I did find getting the test areas to look even took some work, I could see where the tape had been, so I redid the whole arch with PW, then BW.

Mark

18. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Oh DOH!!! As a MINIFINI owner for the past 8 years, I should have known, lol. I forgot about their rubber caps.

Thanks for the update on your PW experience!

19. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Any update on when PreWow will be available? Will you bundle it with the proper applicator also?

20. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My expected launch date was end of September, and we're making every effort to make that, but due to unexpected traveling dates for both my father and myself, we're losing two weeks of work time which will probably end up mid October. I'm going to be traveling at the end of the month for my birthday for a week.

Raw materials have been ordered and awaiting delivery. PreWow will come as a spray on product so you won't need an applicator per se. I've been using a combination of cheap rags
    and a firm toothbrush on the more stubborn stuff.

I've got a manufacturer doing some tests for me for the brushes, but don't think they will be ready by the time I want to launch.