PreWow Usage Info and Feedback

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Octaneguy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    #1 Octaneguy, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Ok owners of PreWow, here is your chance to leave feedback and show off pix of before and afters. I will start this thread off on how I use it and feel free to add comments or suggestions on your own methods.

First off, here's a pic of PreWow
    [​IMG]

Next, PreWow was developed to remove that "impossible to remove" wax and polish stains from plastic trim, like on our wheel arches and bumper trim.

Using a Firm Toothbrush, you can either squirt PreWow onto the brush, or onto the surface you are cleaning. Then gently brush in circular motions activating PreWow into the pores. Wipe the residue with a clean cloth.

If you accidentally got some PreWow on ________ do the following:

1.) On Your Paint- Wipe it with a clean microfiber towel
    2.) On Your hands- It won't hurt or dry your fingers. Just wash with soap and water when you get a chance.
    3.) On Your clothes- just wash as normal, pretreating the area. It shouldn't stain.

PreWow is also good for removing paint transfer. Get an awful scrape on your MINI or just helping out a friend?

[​IMG]

The first thing you can do is to clean the area. Kind of like getting a bad bloody scrape. Remove the debris and clean the "wound" to see how bad the damage really is. For your paint, you can spray PreWow directly on like this.
    [​IMG]

Then gently wipe with a microfiber towel. A painters rag from your local builders supply store is also a good towel for this. You don't want to press hard, but they are rough enough to bite into the transfer, and they are cheap. Final wiping should be with a microfiber.

Look how much better it looked after PreWow in just seconds?
    [​IMG]

On Paint:

Before claying a PreWow'd surface or after treating a surface with PreWow, I would clean it with some soap and water or quick detailer. I have done considerable testing with PreWow on paint for hours at a time with no ill effects, but better be safe than sorry, clean the area after using PreWow.

If you have any questions or comments, please add them to this thread.

For those looking to buy PreWow, it should be at your favorite retailer in the coming weeks but until then you can find it here at my store:
    ShowCarSupplies.com Shopping Cart - PreWow

Thanks!

Richard Lin

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Mine just arrived today, so I'll be giving it a go this weekend!!

3. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Great! Looking forward to it. Funny I was just reading the FedEx tracking email that your package was delivered, then I see this. :D

4. Ladyvalea

Ladyvalea New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    lady of luxury
    Fort Worth
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I love it!!! got a sample during MITM and took it home to remove white residue on the plastic of an Avalanche Truck!!! Work great!!

5. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Hmmmmm.........
    White stuff on a truck involved in an avalanche....

Might be...... ahhh .... snow?:D

6. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    I've started detailing the MINI and taking pictures along the way. I will post results once I'm finished. :Thumbsup:

7. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Awesome!! Can't wait!!! :D:D:D