Most liked posts in thread: PreWow?

1. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My truck hasn't been washed since starting this thread. BW lasted about 6 weeks before it started to turn grey again. And progressively has gotten worse. No fault of BW, just no time to clean it.

Yesterday I used Pre-Wow and Black Wow and the results are amazing. This was the first time I have used Pre-Wow and it is impressive. Prewow took no scrubbing at all. Just wiped on.

Pre-Wow: (disregard those black dots, not sure what those are from)
    [​IMG]

After applying Black Wow:
    [​IMG]

You can see it's a little blotchy but overall is looks great. I think another coat of BW in the next day or two and it will be black again like it was before this winter.

Attached Files:

2. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Indeed it will. It may take a few applications to get the plastic saturated with BW and you will and to apply the first round of BW rather heavy and allow it to soak over night. It will work though.

3. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    BW is unlike any other trim product. It's actually been formulated to absorb into plastics and remain there longer than anything else. Most products, like 303 just sit on the surface and wear away easily. It helps the manufacturer sell more product. :devil:

You may or may not need PW. From what I can tell, the bumper looks severely faded and oxidized and not covered in wax/polish residue. As MINIMaybee said, put on a generous amount of BW and let it soak. Don't wipe off the excess. Don't wash it off. Don't apply it 30 minutes before a rain storm. Just apply it, you will see immediate improvement. And let it soak all day. Depending on how much you applied and how oxidized the plastic is, it might fully absorb all the BW and look great again within a few hours or a few days, but the results are cumulative. Just apply a little bit more and when you reach saturation, you won't see it fading anymore. The first applications take a bit more time to reach that point, but you will be rewarded.

Richard
    Thanks Chuck!!!

4. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No wax or polish residue. Just faded and oxidized. It was treated with BW 4 weeks ago but had seen rain on/off since then and wasn't washed until yesterday. When I used BW prior it came out looking good. I just haven't seen it fade that quickly before. I've been using BW for about 3 years now. Would PW help BW last longer? I'm guessing with the rain more oils/gunk from the road had been hitting the bumper and helping to oxidize it quicker than normal.

Thanks for the tips. I put a heavy coat of BW on after posting that. It took a ton of scrubbing to keep it from looking blotchy...over an hours worth (full size truck bumper). It looks much better but still not quite there. I'll put another coat on tomorrow and see what it looks like. I applied it in the sun, but the plastic wasn't very warm. Air temp was high 60s. It seemed to soak in well. I think that's why I had trouble with it getting blotchy.

5. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I let BW soak in all week (well actually didn't have time to reapply). For the most part the plastic looked ok but had spots where it looked like it wasn't applied. Yesterday I put on another coat and this time it went on uniformly and took car of the problem. I didn't have my camera with me but it looks like new again.

6. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Great! That's how it's supposed to work! Thanks for the update!

Richard

7. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

May 22, 2009
    Pat-Med, NY
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely amazing stuff! I haven't been following stuff on here lately and didn't even realize Pre Wow came out!! SHEESH I have to order some because Black Wow is just awesome and as you can see from YeloMini's post Pre Wow only makes it look even better!
    Congrats on its official release Richard. I know I'm obviously late but wished continued success none the less with it.

Steve

8. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I should note that was 2 coats of black wow. I just checked it this morning and it looks even better. Seems to have soaked in. It's much more uniformly black. I think 1 more coat later today and it will be perfect.

This stuff should be called Miracle in a Bottle!

9. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi Steve,

Yeah I made a quiet launch in November 2010 at SEMA...I didn't start shipping to dealers until around January. Thanks for the kind words!

YeloMini--thanks for the photos and writeup! I was beginning to respond this morning and then got distracted when a new client came in....anyways... your results are excellent! As you've discovered, the trick to getting the best results from BW is to let it absorb. Once it's saturated, it will stay that way for a very long time. I think if you let it go for 3 or 4 weeks, and did a little touchup on it..it will last even longer than the 6 weeks..this way you wouldn't have to completely reapply it.

As for PW, the most important thing to remember is that if you're trying to remove wax/polish residue, use a white painters rag and scrub the affected area a bit. As long as you see the towel turning grey or black, you'll know that the residue is coming off. Sometimes the darkening effects of PW can give the impression that a simple wipe has solved the problem, only to find days later that it's still there.

re: Miracle in a bottle
    Haha love the name....where were you during my naming contest back in 2007, lol.

Richard

10. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I used a white terry cotton towel. Not only did it turn completely black, washing the towel in hot water wouldn't get it clean again. Ended up in the trash. The bumper didn't have any wax residue, just faded so I didn't use the brush you included with Pre-Wow.

PW and BW should be known as the miracle set. If you want high res photos for your website just let me know.

11. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    That's great! Glad it worked well for you. Thanks! :Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:
    Richard

12. bullet1

bullet1 New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Programmer
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I thought my plastics were pretty black until I used pre and black wow today. Very nice, very easy to use. Definitely the best product I have seen or used on black plastics. Next up is my 2000 Jeep Wrangler that needs some serious work with the fender plastics. I'm sure it won't make them perfect, but hopefully it is a huge improvement.

13. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's been 3 months now since I posted and the trim on my truck is still black.

14. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Awesome!!
    Great!! Thanks for the update!!! :Thumbsup: