Production Grouping?

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by garbageburrito, Jan 11, 2010.

1. garbageburrito

garbageburrito New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Programmer
    KCMO
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ordered a Mayfair 5 weeks ago and it's still on order. My MA says that the order went through but it's not scheduled for production yet. She said that it's probably taking so long because not many Mayfair's have been ordered.

Does this make any sense to anyone else? Do they group cars like this? It doesn't seem like it should matter since Mini's are all so different. I think she was just guessing but I thought someone else might have some more insight.

I'll just continue waiting impatiently...

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    In general no, there is no production grouping. MINI has said in many promotional videos that they can build anything in an any order.

Now as I understand Dealers are given slots and it may be possible your dealer had used up all recent allocation slots placing you so far out. I'd give MINI USA a ring and ask whats going on.

3. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It could also be that a certain Mayfair part is on backorder for the time being and they aren't starting production of the car until that's resolved.