Pre Migration Most liked posts in thread: Question for Nathan about the internets

1. Eric@Helix

Eric@Helix New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 4, 2009
    Shepherd
    Philadelphia
    Ratings:
    +1,257 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I didn't mean to imply that I thought that MA was causing our phone to be compromised: I was generally curious about how the interwebs worked and thought that you would know. That's why I put it in the General forum vs. feedback: there was no accusation implied, just curiosity. I have no way of knowing how our phone number has gotten on Sir Spam-a-lot's list, but I'm going to change how I post to avoid calls in the future. BTW, I have had some success in extended conversations utilizing Arnold Schwartzenegger sound boards with off shore phone bank operators. I put them on hold, pull up the ol' soundboard, and see how long I can keep the conversation going. How do you think I got soooooo rich:biggrin5:.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Damned robots..... :incazzato:

[​IMG]

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Bots, Google or others such as Bing, Badu, are blocked from certain areas of Motoring Alliance. One of these is the address /forums/private.php. In addition to access that area one has to be logged into the site with their own unique username and password. None of the robots have been given username/password access to the site. This alone would keep them from privileged areas. In addition there is a robots.txt file in place that provides directions to all robot to not visit certain areas.

In addition, a site map is submitted to Google, Bing and other search engines on a daily basis with new and changed information. PM's are not included in these site maps.

In short, it is not possible that the phone number is coming from a PM on Motoring Alliance.

Thread has been moved to Site Feedback area.

4. debscooper

debscooper New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Export/Food Service Sales Service
    annandale nj ~ OZ
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    Robots .... ??? Those are Traffic Lights .... Come on Mate if you're gonna have a Mini better learn all the Brit :biggrin5: