Entertainment Electronics 2nd Gen Question Regarding Stereo Programming

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Johngo, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if anything exists that will allow one to shuffle the songs on a USB drive through the stereo in an '08 MCS with a MINI Boost system?

I have an iPod, but it is an older one and frankly, the sound quality from the iPod is just not as good as it is from the music on the flash drive or from the tuner (it is about 75% of the tuner or the USB volume)... and yes, I turned the volume control on the iPod up, too.

The iPod is also a lot smaller than my flash drives.

I would prefer to NOT deal with iTunes anyway. :mad5:

What I was wondering about was the actual programming in the MINI stereo. I can use the USB to play the tunes, but it just plays the folder you select in the order the files are in inside that folder.

I was hoping some genius had done some tweaking on the programming that added a shuffle all songs type of arrangement like the iPod has... :idea:

Seems simple enough, just not for a computer illiterate like moi. :-X

2. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think

the iPod integration just sucks. We have an 08 Clubbie and the interface is just frustrating. Got maybe a hundred songs, and you can deal with it. But with over 2000 songs and kids asking for specific tracks, it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

So I haven't use the USB feature, but I'm guessing it's just as primitive.

Matt