Engine Drivetrain 1st Gen Cooper S R53 Headers

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by BSTINS, Jul 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    it is so nice to see people playing nicely!

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    We all can play together, mod and motor. We can all share tricks of Mini ownership with each other.

For example :
    I use a Sears electric leaf blower (150 mph) to dry / remove all the water hiding in little places after I wash. It works great under the hood after a SimpleGreen motor wash. It's also great at getting water from around the taillights, side vents, mirror caps, upper,mid and lower grills and all the door seems. I just unplug the vacuum when I am done and use the blower after I wash the car. It also helps cut down on the amount of MF towels I have to use when drying my car.

In regards to headers you get what you pay for. Either $900 header (RMW or Mynes) is better than any sub $200 eBay or OBX header.

If you are going to get a header buy a good once, put it on and enjoy it for a long time.

3. 90intherain

90intherain New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    +1. Spend a little more and get something that will last. Do some research and learn about engine flex and it's affects on headers. I found out the hard way and broke the flex pipe on a expensive cost cheap made Madness header. Later I had the flex pipe moved to solve the issue.