1st Gen R53 Cooper S Most liked posts in thread: R53 vs JCW alignment specs

1. Professor

Professor New Member

May 4, 2009
    BMW / MINI tech
    Kentucky
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Well according to Hunter (alignment machine vendor) there must be some kind of spec difference as it always ask me if the car has standard, sport, or JCW suspension. I have never aligned any back to back to see the difference. I do however think that it only ask for the specific suspension so it can compensate for right height difference in order to calculate toe and camber correction. I can say that our rack is the BMW specific version that for some stupid reason added 25k to the friggin cost?!

2. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if there is a difference, but factory specified numbers don't allow one to have the most fun in a MINI. More camber at both ends helps.

3. brewmeister

brewmeister New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's what I thought Professor. I had my "S" aligned Thursday and just noticed that the report references "JCW". Guess I'll visit them again Monday, and they do use Hunter equipment.

4. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    My alignment shop had no difference on the numbers from their Hunter machine, just different profiles. Probably simply for the title of the report.......

5. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    The specs for both those cars are the same.

Both those cars only have front toe, rear toe, and a very small amount of rear camber adjustment.