Suspension Brakes 1st Gen R56 JCW front calipers top and bottom levers pushing out?

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by minsane, Feb 27, 2011.

1. minsane

minsane New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 minsane, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    Hi guys:

I recently had my R56 JCW brakes installed on my R53. After I worked out the bad bled problem that I had I went ahead and bedded in the pads and rotors. Now I think that I have another problem. The four sets of levers that are on the top and bottom of the front calipers are coming out. They appear as though they are about 1/4 of the way out. I tried pushing them back in by hand but they are stuck. They will not move. Is this normal? This has happened to the right and left sides. Should I be worried?

Thanks again for your help.

:confused5:

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Can you post a pic?

3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Hey.... Minsane
    Here's a quick pic of what my clips look like on my R56.

Hope this helps?:D

[​IMG]

4. k-huevo

k-huevo Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Pipe Creek, Texas
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    Those are only there for pad removal convenience, something to grasp with the fingers, don't try to force them on/off or in/out, because the tabs will break from the pad's backing plate.

5. minsane

minsane New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much Metalman for your pic. It's a relief to know that my clips are in the right position. I have had an adventure with these brakes on my R53. Getting the brakes was crazy, setting the banjos bolts was crazy, install took a long time, possible clearance issues (no problem for Kosei wheels), and my lines were bled incorrectly.

After all of that I became a bit paranoid. These brakes a pretty nice on an R53.

:arf: