Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S R56 OBD Logging

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by btwdriver, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. btwdriver

btwdriver New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for a data logging solution for the R56 and was more specifically looking at the Innovate OT-1 OBD collector in combination with the DL-32 logger. Ideally I would like to use the myriad of sensors that the R56 already has to collect this data. I am willing to put in duplicate sensors (I have some already) to log if necessary, but would like to avoid that if at all possible.

My general understanding is that the OBD data coming off the R56 is not very fast and is also delayed. That is pretty much the extent of the details that I have. I was wondering if you can elaborate on how slow the data rate is and how delayed the data is. I have the Palmer Performance software and have noticed that the data collection rate is too slow to be of use, it pulls a full data sample once every second or so. The OT-1 indicates that it pulls 12 samples a second on all channels. If I use this, I am just going to get a bunch of redundant data points as the OT-1 pulls the same sample from the ECU in between updates?