2nd Gen JCW R56 Prince Swap To R53 Tritec?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Jason Montague, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Well this went no place in hurry.

Jason, you like the car enough you want to keep it for a long time. Then put funds away as you can to keep it maintained meticulously at your favorite shop. Say hello to Gene for me. The engine will eventually become a lump, put funds aside to replace with the same as it is now too.

Then again, something else may catch your automotive eye in the future, then you'll have funds stashed away for that instead.

On another note the R53 bias that has reared it's ugly head needs to simmer down some. Soon we'll be welcoming F56 owners to the site. Hold your vitriol then please too, give the car some time, who knows, the fish mouth might just surprise us all.

I think we can all move on from here please.

Thank you,

Management :prrr:

2. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #42 cct1, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    90% percent of what I write is with a grain of salt, 20% isn't; 14% of R56 owners don't get that, but 97% percent do. Do the math, it's simple...

If you pull too much of the enthusiasm out, you run the risk of becoming NAM.

Rule to live by: it's the car we're critical of, not the owner. Yeah, I've broken that rule before, but the truth is there a many, many r56 owners on here I "like" (in quotations only because I know very few people on here personally, just through banter in the forums) and would be missed if they weren't in the community, and there are a few r53 owners I could live without (I have no problem with the fact that that feeling is mutual). It has nothing to do with the cars, and everything to do with the owner as far as the community is concerned, IMHO.

OK, off the soapbox, I'm out on this one.