Most liked posts in thread: R60S Low Fuel Pressure...I can't be the only one.

1. DocMac

DocMac New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    There IS a small steel line from the pump to the rail but it appears to be duck sphincter tight. No pooling, drip or vacuum evident around it. I've completely traced lines back to front with no apparent injury. I'm back at the rail pressure sensor and waiting for walnut shot material before I pull the intake to get to it.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,877 / 10 / -3
    I believe you have a N18 engine so I would not think it is a carbon issue. I may have missed it but did you change the fuel filter? MINI says it's a life time filter......thats a bit of a lie.

3. DocMac

DocMac New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed, N18 engine. I'm not sold on carbon but I've ordered a 3D printed intake adapter for a walnut shot. In the meantime, I bought a few cans of the seafoam spray with the doubleback straw to use along the boost hose. If that improves things AT ALL I'll bite. I have some horrible cell phone photos of the intake throat and one captures a valve pretty well. I may be able to throw some proof at the seafoam nay-sayers over the next few weeks.
    I did change the in-tank fuel sending unit and all documentation I can find lists the filter sock on the pump as the only fuel filter in the car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,877 / 10 / -3
    Ok I thought it was separate like on the other Gen 2 Minis. I am like you and doubt it is carbon build up on the valves. If you can get your hands on a fuel pressure gage and drive it around with it hooked up that may help to see what's going on.

If that sending unit is incorrect that may need to be changed out also.

5. DocMac

DocMac New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I was initially confused by the absence of the tank access under the driver's side back seat. Everything I read documents two access panels across the back. Everything is in one unit under my passenger side rear seat. It's hard to find much of anything on the 2012 Countryman S and only service manuals appear to be monthly fee cloud access only. I'm chatting with the vendor of that sending unit now. It was listed as a "direct fit" for my make/model/year.
    I stacked two seafoam treatments this morning and had a good laugh as the beast identified as a poorly maintained diesel truck. Very apparent change in idle, still throwing low pressure codes. I'm going to search for a T'd line I can connect a gauge to for the pre-high pressure pump line and trace the fuel line from back to front, again. I can't avoid the assumption that something is wrong there. Maybe pulling air on throttle and losing pressure when sitting overnight. I'll keep busy there until I can secure a new pressure sensor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,877 / 10 / -3
    Could you have a small leak post HP pump?

7. DocMac

DocMac New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So, if anyone is following this thread, I haven't had a chance to dig deeper into the stutter/lag/low fuel pressure problem because of a new BIGGER problem. Maybe some advice is available on this one. (I'll start a new thread, too)
    I had a battery issue. It's 4 years old and had a low crank start, then a fail to turn over one day. I set a low power trickle charge to it over the day and it seemed to start properly, in daylight. The next morning I fired it up to run my little one up to the bus stop and realized I had no interior lights, had no front window control, no gauge backlighting, no turn signals and no sunroof control. Joy. I think the footwell module (FRM) is gooned but any insight would be appreciated.
    I'll be trying to fire up a BMW code reader/programmer my dad was playing with a few years back if anyone has insight on how to set THOSE up.

8. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,877 / 10 / -3
    Yep answered on the other thread