Race with Miatas Sunday

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by rigidjunkie, Jun 28, 2013.

1. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I can't remember who was asking about racing at breakfast, but the Miata club has an AutoX Sunday at the historical society. It is a great group to race with usually get a bunch of runs!

Buckeye Miata Club - Autocross Dates

2. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Awwww, damn! Such short notice, otherwise I would so be there to try my first autox in my first new, to me anyway, mini.

3. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Sorry late notice again, it snuk up on me as well. Race this Sunday at Circleville Raceway. More of a mini road course than a traditional AutoX should be lots of fun.

4. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Curse my luck!!!! I'm installing my new wheel hub/bearing on sat, but I have too much going on Sun for this. Im gonna make it to the next on at the historical society come hell or high water. Ok, maybe not high water as I have a Mini, but you get the idea.

5. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    so cars are racing on the track?? i have been on the kart track and its a little small for cars? maybe it works for a timed event?? where did you find this info? It might be pretty cool to run a car on there.

6. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Actually the track is pretty wide even for a big old Subaru. The last event of the year will take place there as well on October 13th. I highly recommend the event to everybody who has an interest in racing. It is a mini road course and is very challenging. Yesterday we ran the course clockwise with a slalom at the end of the back straight, times were around 45 seconds for most people.

I rode in a few cars and:

TT-RS is amazingly fast and has immense grip the difs in that car really help it get the power to the ground.

Modified WRX - flashing the ECU and fixing the breathing issues makes a huge difference as does a full suspension swap, what this does not do is help in getting the power down the open difs just spin the power away.

S2000 - what a perfect car to drive fast it is adjustable with the throttle and is so balanced is just a hoot to watch a good driver work the car around a track.