Suspension Brakes Rear coilover adjustment through hatch tutorial?

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Bster13, Feb 18, 2014.

1. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame KW never made the extenders, like they claimed they were going to do..

2. NTBM3

NTBM3 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In this pickle right now... I drilled a hole trough the body into the car hoping the interior panel would be right there and I could continue to drill through to allow easy access to the rebound adjuster.

Unfortunately it seem the strut is very close to the outside of the car which does not create a direct path through the interior panel. I might have to take the whole interior panel off to determine a solution. Best case I make a hole which would allow a wrench with modified socket to access the adjuster.

Any one else modify their interior on an R56 recently?

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I had th4e extenders on the TSW sourced coil overs I once ran. They were all but useless. Had the jack up the car in order to be able to make them turn.

The orange anodized knurled knob sure did look cool though.

But the passenger side panel never did fit right again. Oh well, the quirks we live with.

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Have you considered modifying a flexible socket drive extension.... One end would be attached to the valve on top of the damper, the opposite end would exit a hole in the interior trim panel with the adjustment knob attached....

Something like this....

McMaster-Carr

[​IMG]