Recent email?

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by MINI-motor, Aug 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MINI-motor

MINI-motor New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys
    I was wondering if anyone else has received the following email recently? I was trying to find out if anyone knew if it was legit or not. For some reason my gut tells me this is some type of scam

Hi, my name is Guen and I work for SIS international research firm in NYC.

There is a research project regarding interviewing MINI cooper (model year 2007-2010) owners. I found the MINI US club located in the vicinity and got your e-mail address from there. The interview involves testing a futuristic automobile technology, which I personally think is an exciting opportunity for the MINI enthusiasts.

Better yet, Interviewees will be compensated for their time ($200-250), and meals and parking fees will be provided. I will attach the details for qualification below, so please check and spread the words to others.

if interested, reply to

with heading "MINI US Club: MINI research" and with your phone number

Thank you.

Here are the details if you are interested ….

SIS International, a New York City market research firm, will be conducting a consumer research study among car owners from August 11th – 31st. We will be paying qualified participants between $200 - $250 for their time.

Specifically, we are looking for drivers of the following cars:

- Audi A3

- Chrysler PT Cruiser

- Honda Civic

- Honda Fit

- Mazda 3

- Mini Cooper

- Scion TC

- Toyota Prius

- VW Beetle

- VW GTI

And, for the following model years – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Participants will be test driving a futuristic, prototype new car, which will have some very advanced technological features. We are conducting the study to better understand consumers’ reactions to the new technology.

The interview will be 2 ½ hours long. Parking will be paid for, as well as meals.

The interview will be take place in Brooklyn.

If you are interested, please email us back with your phone number at:

Before we can invite you to take part, we need to ask you a few brief questions to see if you qualify.

Also, if you know of anyone else who owns these car models that might be interested, please have them contact us as well. As proof of ownership, we will be requiring that everyone either bring their car to the study or just bring their vehicle registration.

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
  3. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm...Could they possibly be testing the theft-proof-ness of said models???

Do a google search and see if its a scam...I've done that a few times and was proven right...

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Of course, you do know that Guen is the Nigerian equivalent of Tom.:lol::lol::lol: Not that there is anything wrong with being a Guen.:D

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I've been invited to a few of these focus group type events. If I had to guess this would be for a Fiat 500, but that is just a guess.

Contact them by phone and ask about it to see if the program is legit. I'm thinking it is. It's a fun day usually with presentations and drives. Then you discuss and get handed the cash on the way out the door possibly with other swag as well. Ask if you can bring a friend too, makes the boring bits go by faster.

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    How would they have gotten your email address?