1st Gen R53 Cooper S Most liked posts in thread: Removing pre-cat from stock manifold.

1. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    The ModFather may have a stock OEM exhaust you can put on for a base line run. Shoot him a PM.

Otherwise just stick your new header on.

2. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    They dont crack if it sits on the garage floor for a living with a real header on the car...

Glad Sleek could blow the spiders out of my old OEM one, they had quite the little "Home" going on in there! :)

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    He used another OEM Exhaust header from a local member for his baseline run.

He is installing a real RMW header for this build.

4. haygood

haygood New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So, did you find out anything about this, Sleek? How about CEL eliminators? These are spacers to push the O2 sensors back a little out of the exhaust flow. They work on Audis with removed pre-cats.

5. Eric@Helix

Eric@Helix New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 4, 2009
    Shepherd
    Philadelphia
    Ratings:
    +1,257 / 0 / -0
    BTW, when those headers crack there, it's a relatively easy welding job to put them back together. The same holds true for the main cat case which also cracks at the factory weld.

6. Sleek Motoring

Sleek Motoring Local Shop Owner

Dec 7, 2014
    Mini repair shop owner
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    TheModFather let me borrow his for my baseline run (Thanks again Rick...the spider BBQ went fantastic!).

Sold my broken one! Still interested if anyone has removed the pre-cat from one of these.

Would be funny/interesting to hear what a one ball exhaust and gutted pre-cat would sound like! It would be the ramen noodle performance exhaust kit!