Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S Riss Racing Exhaust and DP

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Agbullet25, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Agbullet25

Agbullet25 Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Central Texas
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Was browsing Craigslist looking for wheels for the MINI and came across a guy thats about an hour and a half or so away from me that is selling his complete Riss Racing turboback exhaust with coated catless downpipe for $450. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this setup and whether its a good deal or not. I know all about whats needed to run a catless DP, so that'll probably wait to be installed, but the rest of the exhaust I can bolt to the factory DP.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welp, you do realize that Riss Racing is no more, so if you have an issue there is no one to turn to. While that may not deter some, it does toss some red flags into the mix.

Just sayin...

3. Agbullet25

Agbullet25 Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Central Texas
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I'm fully aware that they are no more unfortunately. I'm just trying to see how many people on here have actually had problems with this system.

4. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    #4 countryboyshane, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    I had it for a week, gave the catback portion right back and thank God they gave me all my money back including shipping. One month later, company went belly up.

The quality of the downpipe is actually very good. The catback is the nightmare. Very bad quality welds, alignment is terrible, didn't fit very well, and the worst part... the sound. They picked the wrong muffler and it was like driving with a tuba player in my back seat. That was with a resonator too. Just stay away. Riss Racing is the kind of company that happens when bro-skis with too much ambition and not enough talent form a company.

If you want a cat-back that's great quality for the R56, stick with Evolve, DDM Works, Milltek, or Invidia.

5. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Would a tuba even fit? LOL!

6. Agbullet25

Agbullet25 Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Central Texas
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Are there any dealers stateside for the Evolve products?

7. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    There used to be a distributor in Chicago but I think they might have terminated their contract. You can still buy the system direct from Evolve in the UK.